DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions
Mar 2, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #2,221 of 4,422
Any Grado RS1i or PS1000 users here? Is the Stratus a good pairing? Seems to output more than enough power with a low output impedance. 

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #2,222 of 4,422
  I'm not a good source of information, as the solid state amps I heard at RMAF were fatiguing from the moment I put the headphones on.  For tubes, I would go with OTL or SET headphone amps. The Stratus is detailed, well.balanced and refined.  

To be honest, I'm looking for an amp to settle with. I have a very nice spot picked out for the Stratus. It's in a corner, well protected by my chaise lounge right next to my pc setup.. It will be blocked in so child and pet proof. I have a 1/4 inch steel plate stand I'm prepping to paint so I'm quite sure it's all going to be copasetic together. At least for me that is.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #2,223 of 4,422
Anyone thinking about selling their Stratus? If so, let me know

Mar 7, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #2,227 of 4,422
Good idea.. is there anyone in the Chicago area with a Stratus?

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #2,230 of 4,422
HD800+ Stratus + Yggyֹ= Magic! (think so) 
wink_face.gif

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #2,234 of 4,422
  i wish... this is the magic setup i plan in the future... 

Ah, I see.  It will be an interesting DAC to hear for sure.  What I am not entirely sure of, however, will it be the right DAC for you/me/whoever.  What I mean the few that heard it all love it and sing it's praise but many of them were involved in the tuning of they DAC...  In a sense, it was sort of made for the few that have V.0.99 of it - of course they love it.  My listening preferences may be different than theirs so I may not love it.  

In the "big stereo" world there isn't a definitive "best" amp or DAC, there are just a bunch of really good ones that appeal to different people.  In the headphone world, what is better the HD800's, LCD3 or 009's?  All good options appealing to different musical preferences.  I just find it hard to believe that the Yggy will be "the best DAC, period".

I'm sure it will be a top shelf unit, don't get me wrong, it is just that without hearing it, how would would one know if they like it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back