DNA Stellaris

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by yage, Feb 3, 2016.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. Thenewguy007
    lol both.

2. Donald North Contributor

I think there is a misunderstanding: The unbalanced inputs go directly to the volume control and 6N1P input/driver tube. The balanced inputs are received through the Audio Note input transformers, then sent to the volukencontrol, etc. Some amp send both the balanced and unbalanced input signals through the input transformers - I don't do this in the Stellaris.

3. bigfatpaulie
    New toys are starting to arrive in anticipation of my Stellaris!

IMG_0575.jpg

4. ogodei
    Nice !

Have a vendor name you're willing to share ?  [​IMG]   I already have that one but I'm on a bit of a tube buying jag myself.

Miniwatt_GZ34.jpg

Somehow I ended up with two of these guys.

5. bigfatpaulie

Vacuumtubes.net.

Dale was EXCELLENT.  

6. MacedonianHero Contributor
    ^ Hey...that's my private source. [​IMG]

Seriously...Dale is a class act!

7. bigfatpaulie
    Haha.  Sorry the cat is out of the bag now :)

8. MacedonianHero Contributor

Dang it! 

9. Cableguy
    IMG_4759.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

IMG_4761.jpg

Stellaris #001 in the house!!!    Kindly delivered personally by none other than the man himself, thank you very much Donald.  As a current Stratus owner who loves that amp with the 800s, all I can say is that the Stellaris takes the 800s's to a whole nother level!!!

A million thanks Donald  for producing such an exquisite amp!!  Well worth the wait!!

10. bigfatpaulie
    Sooooooooo jealous!  I tried to get Donald to bump me to the top of list.  He wouldn't, being a gentleman and all :)

A huge congratulations to you!  What are you using as a source?  Any plans to to roll in some different tubes? 

11. Khragon
    Congrats, very nice, I forgot I subscribed to this thread.  Looking forward to impressions.

12. Cableguy
    Thanks guys.  Right now just usting the stock tubes, but have a pair of NOS RCA 2a3's and 5U4G that I plan to try shortly.   Have a WE422a on the way also, since Donald mentioned peeps were really impressed with that tube on the Stratus.  While Donald was here the source was a Lampi Komputer --> Lampi Golden Gate--> Stellaris, but while listening, the Komputer crapped out, so right now I am using a Modwright Oppo 105---> ELyse DAC--> Stellaris..  Both setups are incredible!!  I put my name on the list the first time Donald mentioned this pet project of his, so BFP, you are probably next up, so be patient, you will be rewarded.

13. Cableguy
    IMG_4613.jpg

Just wanted to share one more pic---Stellaris  interior.  Is this an electronic work of art or what!!

sensui123 likes this.
  14. Sorrodje
    Congrats ! 

tumblr_me4u2jgspu1qa0u78.gif

15. ogodei

Congrats!  Extremely jealous right now, post a lot of comments so I can get more worked up [​IMG].   I think BFP said he gets #003 and I'm right after him so a couple of more months to wait here.

The WE422a does sound great with the Stratus. It might be the indirectly heated rectifier but for whatever reason I enjoyed that tube more than the U52 or the 5U4Gs  I was using.  I've picked up several more rectifiers since then though, looking forward to experimenting with the Stellaris.

Seriously, post more thoughts on the amp as you listen, anxious to hear.

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last