DNA Sonett or MAD Ear+ Super II
Mar 8, 2011 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

quicksound

Head-Fier
Does anyone have experience comparing these two amps? I've searched the forum and haven't found any comparisons. I know they're both great, but I need to decide which one to purchase! Will the DNA's balanced output produce better sound than the Super II? From what I've read, it seems like a balanced setup will provide higher quality sound. How come the Mapletree doesn't come with the option of a balanced output? 

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Does anyone have experience comparing these two amps? I've searched the forum and haven't found any comparisons. I know they're both great, but I need to decide which one to purchase! Will the DNA's balanced output produce better sound than the Super II? From what I've read, it seems like a balanced setup will provide higher quality sound. How come the Mapletree doesn't come with the option of a balanced output? 

Why do you want a balanced outputs?

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 4
From what I've read, I'm under the impression that a balanced amp provides better separation, more detail, better bass response, and an overall fuller sound. It seems that the Sonett and Super II are both outstanding amps, but the Sonett is balanced (in my case) and therefore might be the best at achieving highest sound quality. I know I'd have to recable my headphones (or possibly just buy new ones that have already been recabled), but it sounds like that might be worth the hassle. 

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 4
How about DNA Sonett (SE) compared to MAD Ear+ Super II? Does anyone have any experience comparing these amps? I've read that one Head-fier preferred the Sonett over the Ear+ but I haven't seen it compared to the Super II. Please provide your opinions - thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back