DMB: lLive at Folsom Field
Nov 7, 2002 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Ob3ron

100+ Head-Fier
Well it seems according to the DMBand.com website, the new live recording / dvd is out on shelves. Haven't been out to look for myself though. Has anyone picked up the CD/DVD yet? And of course, if so, what do you think? I'll probably be adding my impressions when I pick these up over the weekend.

Nov 8, 2002 at 10:48 AM Post #2 of 14
Come on now... no takers? And I thought there were some real Dave fans 'round these parts
tongue.gif
Gloco? Anyone?

Nov 8, 2002 at 1:26 PM Post #3 of 14
I was turned away from buying it because of the large number of Everyday songs. Although there's JTR and some other gems, I think I would spend a decent amount of time skipping tracks like angel, space between.

I think Listener Supported is a better in terms of song selection.

just my two cents.

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:22 PM Post #4 of 14
the cd is mixed extremely bad...dont waste your money on it.

As for the dvd, it dounds fine on most tracks but a few sound like they were mixed poorly...What you are is the stand out in this respect. I honestly dont give two ****s to watch the audience during a live concert, however....

A chick flashes her boobies on Ants Marching.

I personally don't care much for the dvd since it has so many songs from ED...an album i could do without.

Nov 9, 2002 at 5:18 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
thnx for saving me gloco!
tongue.gif

i just saw an ad today for it in a flyer....$18CDN....i was thinking about going to get it, but i guess i won't....its good to save money....yes....
confused.gif

Your welcome, it's definitely good to save from buying that log. It sounds awful!

Nov 10, 2002 at 4:38 PM Post #7 of 14
My girlfriend just picked this up last night... you're right Gloco, the mixing is definetly wierd on this. It seems like all I can hear is Dave's voice. Everything else seems recessed and mushed together in comparison.

Oh and I warned her I had read that the mixing might be off but that didn't really bother her. Don't worry though, I'll have her trained eventually
smily_headphones1.gif
Can't complain though; she offered that I burn her copy.

Nov 10, 2002 at 6:19 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Ob3ron
My girlfriend just picked this up last night... you're right Gloco, the mixing is definetly wierd on this. It seems like all I can hear is Dave's voice. Everything else seems recessed and mushed together in comparison.

Oh and I warned her I had read that the mixing might be off but that didn't really bother her. Don't worry though, I'll have her trained eventually
smily_headphones1.gif
Can't complain though; she offered that I burn her copy.

yeah, you can barely hear boyd jamming on his violin or roi's clarinet/sax. The DVD for the most part sounds fine, excluding "what you are" which sounded a lot like the cd version, audio-wise.

Nov 11, 2002 at 6:10 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

The DVD for the most part sounds fine

Are you referring to both the stereo and DD5.1 tracks? Have you listened to both? If so what are your impressions of the 5.1 track gloco?

Nov 11, 2002 at 6:13 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Ob3ron
Are you referring to both the stereo and DD5.1 tracks? Have you listened to both? If so what are your impressions of the 5.1 track gloco?

Oops, i meant only the stereo tracks, i was using my headphones. As for the 5.1 mix, i heard its bad from other people.

Nov 12, 2002 at 12:08 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by pennylane
curious, but who's adding the female vocals on a couple tracks (like stay/wasting time)?

The three female singers they used for the studio track of stay. THEY SUCK imho.

Nov 12, 2002 at 1:59 AM Post #14 of 14
oh. i've never heard the studio track of stay. i've only heard the live in chicago version, so i was a little surprised they were there. i prefer them not to be there though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back