DJ headphones: survey
Oct 24, 2001 at 3:51 AM Post #46 of 52
Hey, even the Beatles had some poorly mixed songs and I still love 'em. I think trance was singled out because there was an, uh, event a couple months back between us and tranceaddict board members over whether or not the V700DJs were crap or not. Anyway, it doesn't matter. It's frickin' music. You can make it however you like with whatever you like. Loosen up. Have fun. It doesn't hurt you if other people buy inferior headphones.

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect. Don't forget chopsticks.

Oct 24, 2001 at 3:51 AM Post #47 of 52
sigh

No-one cares to mention any artists/discs or dj/mixes that are "deeply flawed" or poorly mixed.

I wish someone who give me some info on what/where they're getting their trance music. At a flea market on pirated cassette tapes mixed by 8 year olds?

As for Gluegun's comments:
You are being picky about trance. Just like saying how I like blues music, but it has mostly just guitars, bass and drums. And a lot of the time the singing isn't very uplifting.

Oct 24, 2001 at 3:56 AM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon Beilin
Hey, even the Beatles had some poorly mixed songs and I still love 'em.

That's right - the stereo mixes of "Day Tripper" and "We Can Work It Out" are two examples of that crappy "hole-down-the-middle" stereo mixing - most of the instruments hard-left, most of the vocals hard-right -- and down the middle (for that Grand Canyon-effect): nothing!
eek.gif
However, two of the better early stereo Beatles mixes were "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and "A Hard Day's Night" - though neither was originally released in the U.S. in that form, only in "electronically rechanneled" fake-stereo, nor was either stereo mix released in the U.S. until the early 1980's.

Oct 24, 2001 at 4:05 AM Post #50 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Gluegun
Um, I still like the music, you all.....hadn't I made that clear?

well what you said about the music and how you like it could be applied to any genre. I guess this is just singling it out because of tranceaddict huh? (which btw is a good site for mp3s anyways
tongue.gif
)

Oct 24, 2001 at 4:51 AM Post #51 of 52
My favourite trance resource would have to be:

www.global-trance.co.uk

By no means an exhaustive, but it's the best online one guide I've seen thus far.

Tranceaddict is a nice site to sample some trance MP3s, but if that's the style of music you define as trance then you've just dipped your toes into the water...

Oct 24, 2001 at 3:30 PM Post #52 of 52
I listened to Trance for awhile, like a year, and kind of lost my taste for it. I could slam it if I wanted to, but I wouldn't just because its a sound I don't cater to anymore.

I did not listen to DJ mixes most of the time. I'd say the ratio was 4:1, but that 1 was still a pretty big lot. I'm going to say that, with all the things I don't like about trance now, absoloutly nothing was wrong with the sonic attributes of the music. Almost NONE of the DJ mixes had no deep bass, or nothing that wasn't at fault of the MP3 compression or something similar were flawed [edit: In other words, it sounded like any other pop album but in a different style of music. In fact, I personally think trance and techno is easily the best music for V6s, as it shows just how low these thing can go].

And, I too find it strange that after asking numerous times, nobody is naming the DJs or artists they were refrenceing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back