DJ Dangermouse and MF Doom Collab: DANGERDOOM
Oct 17, 2005 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

n00b

500+ Head-Fier
I picked this up over the weekend.

It's a great album, solid production by Dangermouse and great flow (clean flow, btw, no explicit lyrics by request of Cartoon Network) throughout. The first track is a bit disappointing, though, since it seems as if DangerDoom recorded that track before they were asked no swearing.. There are three blatantly obvious bleeps to censor "*****in crap out 'em" and "stiff d*ck." Yeah. My favorite tracks are Sofa King (Read this quickly: I am sofa king re todd ed), The Mask featuring Ghostface Killah of the WuTang clan, Old School featuring Talib Kweli, Crosshairs (doooope beat) and Bada Bing as a perfect ending. Also, Meatwad raps "Beef Rap" written by MF Doom from the MM.. Food? album. Everyone, don't sleep on this one.. If you liked "November Has Come" on Demon Days, and watch Adult Swim, I'm sure you'll appreciate this album.

Oct 18, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #2 of 8
I didn't know this was out yet. I'll definitely be picking it up soon.

I knew they had a collaboration coming out that's supposed to be great, but I just had to look on AMG b/c of your comments to find out about the Cartoon Network connection. Unfortunately I don't really know what Adult Swim is... a 'programming block'? Meaning it's a few different shows?

Oct 18, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 8
Yeah, Adult Swim is like a latenight programming block with stuff like Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab 2021.. I wouldn't know for sure, since I don't watch it (no cable or satellite) but its still a solid album.

Oct 18, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #5 of 8
Just got it. I like it a lot. The production is awesome--really chilled out simple jazz inspired beats. All the vocal performances are good--of course some better than others. The Aquateen stuff is funny, but I'm a fan of the show. If you don't get the show I don't think it really matters. It's no Madvillain or Gorillaz, but still a good buy.

Oct 21, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
welcome to my world when i got an advance copy like 2 months ago

Yes you're very special for dl'ing an advance
rolleyes.gif
Just about everyone had that advance anyways...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back