DIYMod - No power / Blank screen?
Sep 30, 2010 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ZeitiaX

New Head-Fier
Hi, recently I've got interested in modding and after discussions with my friends, I've decided to try out my own mod for iPod Video 5.5g.

But, apparently, soon after I finished modding, the iPod screen went blank. I tried disassembling and reassembling, I managed to get it work... for another 10 seconds but after I screwed on the front face plate, the screen went blank again.

Then, I removed the front plate, tried again but it does not work. I pulled out the power supply from the battery to the.. logic board or hdd I'm not sure (at the bottom left of the iPod), and yet again it works.. until I put the front plate in.
After that, I tried putting the front plate in first, then remove the wire from the battery like the step above, This time it does not work.. Is something wrong with my front plate? Or is it because wires are not soldered properly?

Can anyone help me troubleshoot? I can't think of anymore possible ways to salvage the situation :/

Oct 1, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #2 of 2

lozanoa11

100+ Head-Fier
sounds like when you put the face plate on your are shorting something. You must just recheck all your work.

Users who are viewing this thread