Diyeden DAC better than Zhaolu?
Mar 13, 2006 at 9:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Sisyphos

100+ Head-Fier
So there's a lot talk about the Zhaolu DAC but what about the Diyeden DAC?
It's offered at Eddie's website (http://www.zhaolu.com/products.htm) as a higher model than the Zhaolu.

Mar 13, 2006 at 9:31 AM Post #2 of 42
you're saying zhaolu.com is eddie's website? i don't think so.

i think at least one person has them both. i'm not sure about reviews. nothing extensive, but i think i've heard the diyedan is more warm, and the zhaolu more analytical. other than that, i don't know.

Mar 13, 2006 at 9:53 AM Post #5 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
you're saying zhaolu.com is eddie's website? i don't think so.

i think at least one person has them both. i'm not sure about reviews. nothing extensive, but i think i've heard the diyedan is more warm, and the zhaolu more analytical. other than that, i don't know.

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the wrong link. You're right, zhaolu.com is not Eddie's website. I wanted to post this link: www.diykits.com.hk/ AFAIK this is Eddie's website. And there you can find the Diyedan.
Where did you read that it sounds warmer than the than the Zhaolu? If that's true than the Zhaolu might indeed be the better choice for me.

Mar 13, 2006 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by chengzhe
i'll recommend a new dac for u in april.

Which one? The Zhaolu V2.0 should be out by then.

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:00 AM Post #7 of 42
Apparently the Diyeden great march DAC (usb input) is not on sale at www.diykits.com.hk

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:01 AM Post #8 of 42
Hm where exactly you see diyeden products in zhaolu website? I didnt find them last time from there.

I found link to my product (diyeden great-march dac) from diyeden site (www.diyeden.com) after i read talk about it in chinese forum. Eddie is also sells diyeden products if you ask him.

Actually first i heard from diyeden dacs from zhaolu thread here and second time slimdevices audiophile forum from someone from hk mentioned great-march.

When ppl here ordered zhaolu i ordered diyeden great-march because wanted warmer sounding dac and since it was also offered as modded version. I first asked from diyeden directly and they only said that any mod voids warranty etc even tho they explained how usb input works in dac compared to spdif and stuff...

That kind of story..
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:10 AM Post #10 of 42
Are you happy with it jriihi? Which model do you have? What other dac would you compare it to?

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:11 AM Post #11 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jriihi
Hm where exactly you see diyeden products in zhaolu website? I didnt find them last time from there.

I found link to my product from diyeden site (www.diyeden.com) after i read talk about it in chinese forum. Eddie is also sells diyeden products if you ask him.

Actually first i heard from diyeden dacs from zhaolu thread here and second time slimdevices audiophile forum from someone from hk.

When ppl here ordered zhaolu i ordered diyeden because wanted warmer sounding dac and since it was also offered as modded version. I first asked from diyeden and they only said that any mod voids warranty etc.

That kind of story..
wink.gif

Well I didn't see Diyeden products on the Zhaolu website. I only found the Diyeden DAC on www.diykits.com.hk/, which I thought is Eddie's website. And I supposed that the Diyeden is just a different model than the Zhaolu, made by the same manufacturer.
The problem is that on these website I only see the pictures and the names of the products in latin letters, almost everything else contains no information I'm able to decode.

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:13 AM Post #12 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jriihi

I found link to my product (diyeden great-march dac) from diyeden site (www.diyeden.com) after i read talk about it in chinese forum. Eddie is also sells diyeden products if you ask him.

Actually first i heard from diyeden dacs from zhaolu thread here and second time slimdevices audiophile forum from someone from hk mentioned great-march.

When ppl here ordered zhaolu i ordered diyeden great-march because wanted warmer sounding dac and since it was also offered as modded version. I first asked from diyeden directly and they only said that any mod voids warranty etc even tho they explained how usb input works in dac compared to spdif and stuff...

That kind of story..
wink.gif

Thank you, that clears the things a bit further for me.

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:14 AM Post #13 of 42
Quote:

no.
a new brand.

Great, the choice is becoming more and more difficult
icon10.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:16 AM Post #14 of 42
Quote:

no.
a new brand.

Interesting. Which brand? Maybe yours?
I see you're from Shanghai, so maybe you introduce us to just another nice product of this fast turning wheel of good audio stuff from China.

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:23 AM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Banach
Are you happy with it jriihi? Which model do you have? What other dac would you compare it to?

I have diyeden great-march dac. It is modded with black gates, elnas, sanyo os-cons, holo metal film resistors.

You cant order any mods directly from diyeden as it voids warranty (like i didnt know..). Diyeden sells soundcards and other audio products. They said they dont recommend modding and their products are not diy products. Hm.. wierd name then..
smily_headphones1.gif

You can find great-march dac here http://www.diyeden.com/Article/DAC/2...217120957.html.

I am quite happy with it so far. I soon get some opamps to tune even more.

Last time i checked it was $190 basic dac without mods and $50 for caps/resistors mod from eddie wu. Add to that any opamp upgrades you want..
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back