DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Jun 27, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #226 of 678
There's a certain sub-menu that can only be accessed if you turn on the X3 and press "return" twice. It has Play all/favourites/album/genre/artist/browse files.
Compared to the actual menu that has now playing/favourtes/category/browse files/play settings/system settings.

How do I access that first menu without resetting my X3?

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #229 of 678
No, i'm referring to the fourth screen, the one where the icons are ordered in a list. I was under the assumption that was an alternative of the main menu. I really think the list view is better then the grid one. 

Or, it would also be great if you could put that theme on the 2.14b version posted earlier in this thread, the one with the 120 volume mod. Heh. 

Jul 2, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #230 of 678
  No, i'm referring to the fourth screen, the one where the icons are ordered in a list. I was under the assumption that was an alternative of the main menu. I really think the list view is better then the grid one. 

Or, it would also be great if you could put that theme on the 2.14b version posted earlier in this thread, the one with the 120 volume mod. Heh. 

the grid view is used by the first three screens, the fourth is applies to all sub menus (genres, artists, songs, etc), but this update is built in this way, I just take the png files and modified, change the size of the files generated problems.

The list in grid has a different size of .png files (120 x 99 pixels) and the list view has size of .png files (240 x 30 pixels) that's why both are incompatible

Jul 12, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #233 of 678
Hi,

Sorry if somebody's done this - I haven't read the whole thread - can FiiO or somebody else please put the tools somewhere which I don't have to sign up with a paypal account to access (e.g. dropbox), please!

Thanks

Jul 12, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #234 of 678
Here is a dropbox link I found in this topic.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1plyerdqakn3sz/FirmwareTools-EN-Unix-windows.zip

You can just download it via de link no PayPal or sign-up required.

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #235 of 678
It is possible to have main menu also in list view, if you look few pages back, you can find it.

True, but i wanted Sergio's skin. 
biggrin.gif

Actually, its not even because i like the style better, but it is just more visible when i use the device outdoors (the screen is really poor quality in this respect). If he made a version of his skin with a list menu instead than the grid one it would be perfect. 

Jul 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #236 of 678
  I made my own theme based in FW 3.0 and this is the result.

Link whit theme:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2o75ie0kc66dh74/x3.fw

Theme looks awesome mate! I'm gonna flash it tonight :)

I'm a bit of a noob with flashing things on the X3 but I'll manage somehow.

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #237 of 678
Weird thing !!! ... @Mr Trev themes don't work properly with the last firmware !!! ... there is something wrong 
 all works fine EXCEPT : start menu - categories menu -database menu
with all Mr Trev's themes 
confused.gif

i will try to fix that and update you soon ... hope Mr Trev see that

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #238 of 678
Not exactly sure what you're describing there, but try this - seems to work for me:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8cenipbqcj265k/x3_2.zip?dl=0

There are a few changes I've made since my last update that I never bothered to upload earlier. 1: I changed the internal font (microsoft yahei roboto, found on the chinese Fiio site - all credit to the original uploader). 2: Replaced the no album artwork with one I got from an older version of Musicbee - all credit to the original author. I also rolled back some of the changes in the default settings to the factory originals.

FYI if anybody doesn't want to wait for my updates, the simplest way to do it seems to be just copy the sys.bin from the new fw into my older version - basically all I did here.

Cheers.

<edit> so while listening just now, I had the same prob I had with 3.0ex beta. The x3 "lost" the sd card. The only files it could find and play were on the external memory. Rebooted and all was fine again. Not sure if its a bug with my mod, the fw, or a hardware problem on my end (although never happened with official 3.0 fw). Just a warning.

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #240 of 678
  Not exactly sure what you're describing there, but try this - seems to work for me:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8cenipbqcj265k/x3_2.zip?dl=0

There are a few changes I've made since my last update that I never bothered to upload earlier. 1: I changed the internal font (microsoft yahei roboto, found on the chinese Fiio site - all credit to the original uploader). 2: Replaced the no album artwork with one I got from an older version of Musicbee - all credit to the original author. I also rolled back some of the changes in the default settings to the factory originals.

FYI if anybody doesn't want to wait for my updates, the simplest way to do it seems to be just copy the sys.bin from the new fw into my older version - basically all I did here.

Cheers.

<edit> so while listening just now, I had the same prob I had with 3.0ex beta. The x3 "lost" the sd card. The only files it could find and play were on the external memory. Rebooted and all was fine again. Not sure if its a bug with my mod, the fw, or a hardware problem on my end (although never happened with official 3.0 fw). Just a warning.

thanks so much ... waiting for your updates too
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back