DIY Planar/orthodynamic/isodynamic drivers
Jan 14, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #18 of 69
If anyone is interested I have released my first 'production' model, would love to get some feedback if anyone is interested in getting a pair: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/770222005/handmade-planarorthodynamicisodynamic
7nXEnQil.jpg

LCeGkLil.jpg
JwKIlsNl.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #19 of 69
Honestly I'm not sure what they look like, just heard about them and their high price tag.

Hmmm.

See I have thought about making my own laminating press, but the thing I haven't been able to figure out would be how to get the mylar to roll out nicely. I have even thought about buying really thin PET tape and seeing if that won't adhere to the aluminum.

Jan 14, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #20 of 69
Hmmm.

See I have thought about making my own laminating press, but the thing I haven't been able to figure out would be how to get the mylar to roll out nicely. I have even thought about buying really thin PET tape and seeing if that won't adhere to the aluminum.
Definitely let me know if you succeed as I would definitely be interested in this too :)

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #21 of 69
Jan 19, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #25 of 69
Just a small update. Just run out of magnets so I'm going to put in an order for about 300 more :)

Going to start working on making a kit for the current driver in the meantime and I'm thinking about designing another driver...was thinking I could design a larger upgrade driver for the classic T50rp headphone as I feel that might be interesting, especially as many already have that headphone for modding purposes.

Thought I would also share a picture of my personal set of headphones using my driver's and the headband I talked about before.
Zy7WrJi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back