DIY OTG Micro USB B cable to USB B Tutorial
Apr 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #33 of 57
does anyone know where you can buy these online? it's proven pretty hard to find...

Buy what specifically? There are links to the parts in the thread. If you are looking for finished cables, there aren't many/any hence the DIY nature of this thread.

May 5, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #34 of 57
FIIO has a good selection of oddball cables but no micro b to b I'd like to see if a usb printer would work straight from my phone, I know it has the drivers to work over wifi with most printers would be a interesting experiment. Lets see if i have my otg cable handy.

Sep 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #35 of 57

I would buy instantly such nice cables. But I have two left hands to build my own cable. I looking since ages for a USB mirco-B OTG to USB B-type cable for my Android device, I only found a expensive (really good looking too) from Forza AudioWorks.

Dec 4, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #36 of 57

1. Thanks for this FraGGleR!

I used your tutorial to make my first OTG cable. It was my first time using epoxy putty as well; had no idea it'd be so sticky.

It ended up being a little too long, so it's gonna bother me enough into making another one soon.

Can you explain your pinout? Was their any difference since you went 5 pin to 5 pin? Would I use the same connections for a Micro to Mini OTG? Thanks!

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #37 of 57

Anyone know if there is a pre-made OTG usb with a similar short cable length with male micro usb to male type B usb? links or referrals to customs cable companies would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #39 of 57
Hi guys!

Thanks for this good tutorial

i would like to do a LOD cable as follow

Sony ZX2 to Alo audio CDM (USB in)

so it is a Walkman port to a Micro USB

on the Walkman side, no problem:

D+, D- and ground

but what about the micro USB side?

do i need to solder the Sense to the GND?

what about the Vcc?

Quote:
  Here are two images that should help:

I am always an advocate of DIY when there is opportunity.  Happy to help if you give it a shot and run into questions.

Thanks a lot!

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #40 of 57
This topic is old, but talks about the OTG cable, so...

Guy... i was think... if the Micro USB B to Micro USB B ( otg ) from moon audio ( copper and silver ) have some difference on the quality of the sound that i'll be pass to the Chord mojo?
Because... i have a "normal" micro usb b to micro usb b ( otg ) that cost me about $10, so... on the moon audio have the copper over ( $85 ) and the silver over ( $110 ),
so i really would like to know if some one think or have made some test to determinate if have any difference or not ( on this connection between the Phone ) to the Chord Mojo with this kind of cables.

( i already i'll use the silver dragon cable shure v1 on my se846 ), but the ( OTG silver or copper ) i dont know if wort and i'll have much difference or better results then the default ( normal over $10 ).

Im not judge by the price, if have a great difference so, its justified!

Wait some helps guys! 

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #41 of 57
  This topic is old, but talks about the OTG cable, so...

Guy... i was think... if the Micro USB B to Micro USB B ( otg ) from moon audio ( copper and silver ) have some difference on the quality of the sound that i'll be pass to the Chord mojo?
Because... i have a "normal" micro usb b to micro usb b ( otg ) that cost me about $10, so... on the moon audio have the copper over ( $85 ) and the silver over ( $110 ),
so i really would like to know if some one think or have made some test to determinate if have any difference or not ( on this connection between the Phone ) to the Chord Mojo with this kind of cables.

( i already i'll use the silver dragon cable shure v1 on my se846 ), but the ( OTG silver or copper ) i dont know if wort and i'll have much difference or better results then the default ( normal over $10 ).

Im not judge by the price, if have a great difference so, its justified!

Wait some helps guys! 

This is a very tricky question you are asking Agzerx!

First of all, i do believe quality cables are worth it. I do hear a difference using silver / pure silver cable with my various IEM or full size cans.
However, we are referring to an analog signal...

Now regarding USB cables, it is digital signal: 0 or 1 to simplify.

So to rephrase your question: How can silver cables alter or enhance a 0 or a 1 ????

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #42 of 57

This is a very tricky question you are asking Agzerx!

First of all, i do believe quality cables are worth it. I do hear a difference using silver / pure silver cable with my various IEM or full size cans.
However, we are referring to an analog signal...

Now regarding USB cables, it is digital signal: 0 or 1 to simplify.

So to rephrase your question: How can silver cables alter or enhance a 0 or a 1 ????

I got, so... as dont have any difference using pure silver from Phone do DAC, right?

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #45 of 57
  is that ok if I use both side is micro usb and both active OTG function? ( solder both side pin 4th and 5th) 

I do not think it works that way. Only 1 side should be setup with OTG function. The other should be setup as a normal USB style connection. Yes, they can both be MicroUSB as that is how I've done it when I was using an external DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back