DIY interconnects
Nov 25, 2008 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ride29inches

New Head-Fier
I know this is a very popular topic, and there are lots of threads and DIY guides out there, but I have a few questions I could not get to the bottom of.

I have used silver wire and braided my own interconnects before, and to be honest it was kind of a pain and the results weren't too phenomenal (probably due to my lack of braiding/DIY skills. So this time around I would like to try something easier.

After a good bit of research it seems that most people recommend that coaxial cable be used, but I will be working with tight spaces and worried that coaxial cable will be much too stiff. Is high grade coaxial cable any more flexible than the cheap stuff you would find at a retail store? I was thinking of just using something more flexible, such as microphone wire like this. So down to the point... am I going to see any loss of sound quality or durability by using the microphone cable instead of coaxial? No matter the cable choice, I will be using some gold plated GLS Audio RCA ends left over from last time if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Ryan

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #2 of 3

Ub3rMario

500+ Head-Fier
I've made a lot of IC's with mogami quad mic cable...and i think it sounds fantastic. I use it for recables too. Same results.

I've always ignored coax.

Nov 26, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #3 of 3

ride29inches

New Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've made a lot of IC's with mogami quad mic cable...and i think it sounds fantastic. I use it for recables too. Same results.

I've always ignored coax.

Good to hear, I will continue on with my project. Thanks for the response.

Users who are viewing this thread