DIY impedance adapter
Nov 30, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation Chris J! I'm interested in reducing the bass peak electronically. What happens if you add a resistor across the two leads coming from the driver?

Hi Markanini
Then you will draw more current from your headphone amplifier which effectively does nothing but waste power!
evil_smiley.gif

In theory you could design filter using resistors, inductors and capacitors to get rid of that midbass peak.  But it would not be vey power efficient.
Al Gore would be all over you!

To do what you really want to do, you need an EQ. I know you can buy EQ in software and use it on your PC (our whatever) to EQ your music. But I'm not an expert on what is the best brand EQ to buy........
I wouldn't mind adding a bit of EQ to my system when I am using my Senn PX 100-ii to take down that mid bass peak.
Maybe use some EQ to take down some of that treble in my AKG Q701 so I know where you are coming from.
If you find good EQ please let me know.

thx.
CJ

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #18 of 23
Dec 1, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #19 of 23
Do you use foobar2000? It has a VST bridge plugin that works well and opens the the door for many high quality processors. For EQ plugins good freebies are Electri-Q, IIEQ, EasyQ. Popular commercial ones are Fabfilter, Equality, IIEQPro.

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #20 of 23

Quote:
Do you use foobar2000? It has a VST bridge plugin that works well and opens the the door for many high quality processors. For EQ plugins good freebies are Electri-Q, IIEQ, EasyQ. Popular commercial ones are Fabfilter, Equality, IIEQPro.

I just use iTunes!
I'm a digital idiot!
I just know my power and analog stuff!

Any help is appreciated!
beerchug.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #22 of 23

Quote:
My advice is to download Foobar2000 :wink:

Thanks, thanks thanks!
I'll try it out when I get a spare moment (I'm at work now).
It works with iTunes?
I also want start subscribing to a high resolution download site too.......any suggestions?

Dec 1, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #23 of 23
Foobar2000 is a PC only media player - meant as a replacement for iTunes, and allows plugins and customization. 

I like http://www.hdtracks.com/ and http://www.itrax.com/ for High definition digital music (non-disc or LP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back