DIY: Fiio E3 power supply (no modification needed)
Nov 26, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #2 of 9
An interesting mod you have there
beerchug.gif

Nov 27, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 9
I have no intention of selling them, but I am more than willing to help you make one. It's really easy, you only have to solder 3 parts and 2 bolts so even if you never soldered before you shouldn't have too much problems (and it's always good idea to learn new skills).

Nov 29, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jelengar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no intention of selling them, but I am more than willing to help you make one. It's really easy, you only have to solder 3 parts and 2 bolts so even if you never soldered before you shouldn't have too much problems (and it's always good idea to learn new skills).

How did you solder the bolts? Should be pretty hard to get good wetting with a regular soldering iron. Maybe it'd be wise to solder them first with a torch?

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #8 of 9
No, it went remarkably easy, used my normal 50W temp control iron (set to 420 C)... I just used a "third hand" to hold everything in place and used alot of flux (chinese made
smily_headphones1.gif
). Did burned my fingers thou
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #9 of 9
haha cool stuff.can u take a pic of the box without the circuitry separately? and your modded fiio in action.
haha.i modded my fiio with a battery compartment,led and switch,but i did not remove the box.so its good if i have a rough idea of the innards so my next project can be smaller =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back