DIY Earbuds
Dec 15, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #4,036 of 4,682
So who already tried the DLC drivers? (https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003536966575.html)
Are DLC comparable to Titanium (composite)? I have no DLC earbuds afaik.
e5c4511629472f4b66cc51cffb913324.jpeg

Dec 15, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #4,037 of 4,682
Nice! Kinda wanting those N52 drivers after lots of good word of the Newbsound 32pros.

Where are you getting these beads from? :thinking: AE?
Does the Newbsound 32pro uses this specific driver?

Dec 16, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #4,038 of 4,682
So who already tried the DLC drivers? (https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003536966575.html)
Are DLC comparable to Titanium (composite)? I have no DLC earbuds afaik.
Passed customs a bit ago, in the mail to my city. Maybe arrive next week.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-3942#post-16690427

I don't know any other drivers that are 15.4mm 32ohm N52 magnets, so I'm guessing that them. A $4-5 driver set lines up with the asking price for their set (add on shell/cable/crafting/shipping/profit-margin).

Dec 16, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #4,040 of 4,682
Yes, it's the well known N52 Blue Glue, you can find it here Link.

It's a great driver and for the price it's worth trying a pair but i'm also convinced that most of the hype comes from people that never tried properly tuned earbuds and it's used to buy overpriced junk.

Dec 16, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #4,041 of 4,682

It's a great driver and for the price it's worth trying a pair but i'm also convinced that most of the hype comes from people that never tried properly tuned earbuds and it's used to buy overpriced junk.
In that case this driver goes to my collection asap.
But I also cannot claim that I can properly tune earbuds :wink:.... Though to my surprise most of my diy drivers sound pretty good without any extra tuning (apart a simple horse shoe foam on vents and such).

Dec 16, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #4,042 of 4,682
Sometimes Elfinear produces some custom drivers in small quantities like the green and gold 17ohm Beryllium composite but i never really heard of any 30ohm Bery driver, you should ask the seller directly to be sure.

1639345802019.png

The only 32ohm Beryllium driver i know is the 19-21 variant you can find here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002765718710.html which is very good but has nothing to do with the 600ohm Papa Bery.
I too can highly recommend the 32ohm composite beryllium driver. Without any special tuning in a simple MX500 shell it sounds excellent. Reminds me of the sound signature of RY4S plus.

Dec 16, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #4,043 of 4,682

Newb32pro is really good.

If I'm reading your sentence correctly, I can relate. I bought the overpriced junk I think you're referring to before and sold it. I agree most of those buyers have not heard properly tuned earbuds but some have. The ones that have heard proper ones, sold theirs too and don't care about the elitism that comes with the name and pricing

Dec 16, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #4,044 of 4,682
In that case this driver goes to my collection asap.
But I also cannot claim that I can properly tune earbuds :wink:.... Though to my surprise most of my diy drivers sound pretty good without any extra tuning (apart a simple horse shoe foam on vents and such).
Oh brother, you would be surprised!

Dec 16, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #4,045 of 4,682

If I'm reading your sentence correctly, I can relate. I bought the overpriced junk I think you're referring to before and sold it. I agree most of those buyers have not heard properly tuned earbuds but some have. The ones that have heard proper ones, sold theirs too and don't care about the elitism that comes with the name and pricing

Well, I'm sorry to say that N52 is far, but far from what other DIY drivers offer.

Dec 16, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #4,046 of 4,682
Well, I'm sorry to say that N52 is far, but far from what other DIY drivers offer.
I guess that would depend on the tuning then. I have heard most if not all the DIY drivers. I go by the end result sound, not driver cost to judge. I agree by itself, the N52 isnt as special as say an LCP or Bio-cellulose driver but the tuning he's done to that model is what makes it sound great.

Dec 16, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #4,047 of 4,682
I guess that would depend on the tuning then. I have heard most if not all the DIY drivers. I go by the end result sound, not driver cost to judge. I agree by itself, the N52 isnt as special as say an LCP or Bio-cellulose driver but the tuning he's done to that model is what makes it sound great.

Nothing to add.... but in no case did I judge the cost of the driver

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #4,048 of 4,682

Haven't sold mine!

@emusic13
Now all joking aside and being respectfully frank.

What's with this continual and increasingly condescending tone to your post(s)? The continued use of broad brush strokes which negatively label others who like what you do not? Everyone is entitled to their opinions but not at the repeated expense of others. You have previously posted many helpful, insightful, and thoughtful posts... of a friendlier nature... all of which were sincerely appreciated, welcomed, and enjoyable to read but these more recent (past six months or so) condescending and ultra-negative posts have not been.

Haven't you got this negativity out of your system yet? We all get it mate, you don't like Blur. And that is perfectly fine, but gosh you sure have managed to spell this out quite clearly in many, many, many posts and through negative tags. We get it. Really, we do. You are coming across awfully hell bent in wanting to disparage a respected and kind DIY'er and a nice line of earbuds. You should know, that many of us honestly do not understand why that is and are scratching our heads a bit about it.

You bought (heard) one model and didn't like it. Fair enough. There are a number of Blur models that I didn't/don't like as well. But you have subsequently painted the entire brand as junk without hearing it. Have you at all considered that perhaps the 173 MX150 signature was simply not suitable to (for) your preferences? It happens you know.

How could sub USD 700 earbuds ever be considered as being elite? Earbuds are on average one of the cheapest transducer mediums in the hobby and one of the reasons why many of us like earbuds. I believe you grossly misunderstand why many of us purchase the earbuds that we do. There are many of us here whom have owned and listened to countless hundreds of different earbuds and we each prefer certain ones over others. That is normal. We all have our personal preferences and tastes, simple as that. Just because you may not like something doesn't mean everyone else is wrong, inexperienced, or stupid for liking it. What a poor and horribly negative mindset to have if you ever want to move forward in, fully explore, and/or truly enjoy this hobby especially with other fellow earbud fanatics and fiends.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #4,049 of 4,682
For my part there is no problem, if you have found the headset that leads to ecstasy it seems great to me !!!! I of course maintain my opinion, that is what mine is for ...

Dec 16, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #4,050 of 4,682
I don't understand what the problem is? Is @FranQL not allowed to give his opinion? I have 3 Blur buds and DIY version of Newbsound 32pro. All sound good but I also have MANY better drivers / buds than the ones mentioned. Am I wrong? As a good opinion is welcome and a negative one is welcome.

It really wasn't mean at all !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back