DIY Earbuds
Mar 29, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #1,636 of 4,705
Mar 29, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #1,637 of 4,705
Thanks so much for your input. I guess I'll skip the N50 then and order another pair or two of the 19-21 heavy bass instead. Might try them in different tuning configurations.
Are these the titanium ones you meant? I was looking at them too.
Any other drivers that you had success with?
You're welcome :) Yes it's a good thing to buy multiple pairs from the same speakers, because there is always a possibility that you get a faulty or less good unit and then the whole set wouldn't work well. I certainly received some speakers where one unit was faulty, fortunately NSC store is very supportive, for example they sent me a free replacement unit for the Titanium 64ohm and quickly refunded in another case. Luckily I haven't experienced this with the 19-21. However I did receive one unit out of the 6 I have which has a bit less bass and brighter highs, (I havent tried the sucking fix on it yet) so there could be some sample variation, but overall this is one of the most consistent models I ordered from NSC so far.

Yes that's the titanium I was thinking about. For now I'll wait for the reviews of others and then try it if they say it's worth it.

I tried out a couple of 32ohm speakers: N52, N50, blue mx760 set from NSC (speaker is very similar to N50), EMX500, random steel mesh from NSC and the 19-21 heavy bass version. All of them are OK but if maximum sound quality is the goal I can only recommend the 19-21, it is one of the cheapest and sound far better than the others in my opinion.
The only other speaker I really like at the moment is the Titanium 64ohm (looks similar to the 19-21 but with blue dot). It is smoother, darker and somewhat deeper than 19-21, for the price of softer less detailed sound especially treble. It needs good power to open up otherwise it'll sound muffled. It is very nice for entertainment like movies, games because it has an awesome subwoofer like bass with clean organic mids/highs. It's more forgiving with harsh/sharp mixes and bad quality recordings so I like to use it for background listening and for certain genres where people consantly mess up the post production haha. I use it in a regular black mx500 with a mix of two different kinds of tuning foam, one half is the regular type and the other is the very thick one from jietu. I'll probably make a more detailed post about my builds with pics and measurement, I'm just waiting for cables to arrive.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #1,639 of 4,705
Almost had a bad day earlier. I was transferring my PK1 red film drivers from the metal housings I have to a modded PK shell and when I went to clip the drivers on, one of the covers cracked.

Fortunately I had a spare DIY SR2 driver (was sent 3) and I was both able to safely disassemble the PK1 driver and salvage the SR2 cover. The SR2 driver came apart on removal.

IMG_20200329_191905.jpg

Made my short stem set go from this:
IMG_20200305_210757.jpg

To this:
IMG_20200329_191608.jpg

Mar 30, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #1,640 of 4,705
You're welcome :) Yes it's a good thing to buy multiple pairs from the same speakers, because there is always a possibility that you get a faulty or less good unit and then the whole set wouldn't work well. I certainly received some speakers where one unit was faulty, fortunately NSC store is very supportive, for example they sent me a free replacement unit for the Titanium 64ohm and quickly refunded in another case. Luckily I haven't experienced this with the 19-21. However I did receive one unit out of the 6 I have which has a bit less bass and brighter highs, (I havent tried the sucking fix on it yet) so there could be some sample variation, but overall this is one of the most consistent models I ordered from NSC so far.

Yes that's the titanium I was thinking about. For now I'll wait for the reviews of others and then try it if they say it's worth it.

I tried out a couple of 32ohm speakers: N52, N50, blue mx760 set from NSC (speaker is very similar to N50), EMX500, random steel mesh from NSC and the 19-21 heavy bass version. All of them are OK but if maximum sound quality is the goal I can only recommend the 19-21, it is one of the cheapest and sound far better than the others in my opinion.
The only other speaker I really like at the moment is the Titanium 64ohm (looks similar to the 19-21 but with blue dot). It is smoother, darker and somewhat deeper than 19-21, for the price of softer less detailed sound especially treble. It needs good power to open up otherwise it'll sound muffled. It is very nice for entertainment like movies, games because it has an awesome subwoofer like bass with clean organic mids/highs. It's more forgiving with harsh/sharp mixes and bad quality recordings so I like to use it for background listening and for certain genres where people consantly mess up the post production haha. I use it in a regular black mx500 with a mix of two different kinds of tuning foam, one half is the regular type and the other is the very thick one from jietu. I'll probably make a more detailed post about my builds with pics and measurement, I'm just waiting for cables to arrive.
Can't thank you enough for all the input. Ended up ordering another 19-21 heavy bass and the Titanium 64ohm. Together with some new cables and MX500 shells, this should make for a few busy evenings. If only the parcel would get here sooner...
Anyway, thanks again and looking forward to reading more about your builds.

Mar 30, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #1,642 of 4,705
Hey everybody,
Just bought 3 pairs of my still current favorite 32 ohm 15.4mm drivers for 9,59$ shipped !! :D
Aliexpress coupon code available for now to reduce a bit more of 2$ : "PR262Y7A" :) (be fast!) // btw, code is working for at least 10,9$ of buy
Cheers'

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #1,643 of 4,705
Hey everybody,
Just bought 3 pairs of my still current favorite 32 ohm 15.4mm drivers for 9,59$ shipped !! :D
Aliexpress coupon code available for now to reduce a bit more of 2$ : "PR262Y7A" :) (be fast!) // btw, code is working for at least 10,9$ of buy
Cheers'
Boy, am I happy I bought two pairs of these:smile: It's great to read another reassuring opinion.

Mar 30, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #1,645 of 4,705
DAY10 LOCKDOWN
With so much time on my hands I decided to mod some Docomos and Kube V1 earbuds.

Docomos variant Black+white N.jpg
Docomo Stardust N.jpgKube1 N.jpg
Very cool builds. Black - orange combo looks awesome.

Mar 30, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #1,646 of 4,705
Mar 31, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #1,648 of 4,705
I use a pair of angled tweezers to position the foams in PK shells, I have even seen pictures of electrical tape being used in some quite expensive earbuds

Well, I just used some electrical tape in my modded pk shells after removing the foam. :)

I needed less airflow to tighten up the lower end, it was quite bloated and mid-bassy with no tuning mods. I also put a bit of cotton in there too. Still working on tuning. I may need to close up the port for a different size hole.

The diy pk1 red film drivers were easy to tune with those other brass shells but I'm not a fan of the overall weight of them.

Apr 1, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #1,649 of 4,705
Got my second pair of 400ohm this time with metal screen, these have been the best drivers for me. Don't know if you guys noticed jietu is back so I put in an order for a second pair of 130ohms, so far the 400ohms have the best rumble you can really feel, with good clean and well extended highs, The 130ohms still have the best details and highs while the bass and mids are just a little behind compared to the 400ohms, and the 64ohm ti for 15$ is a nice relaxing pair, good details, clean mids, good bassIMG_20200401_085139.jpgIMG_20200401_002636_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back