1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DIY Earbuds

First

Back
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
70 71 72 73
Next

Last
  1. HungryPanda
    I have made a few earbuds using that little iem. The one I just made is the rear of an iem shell. I had messed up a driver trying to take the front cover off as it is glued . That was the only way to get a driver to fit the iem. I just decided to ditch the front and a 15.4mm driver just fitted. I haven't even glued it as it fit snugly.

£23 5%OFF | 15.4mm speaker unit sweet vocal 32ohms 10pcs
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/okZotdWnv. These are the drivers I used

2. robar
    About the mx500 driver I linked yesterday and you've used recently - I think this should be the new version of the regular EMX500 drivers. I don't have a stock emx500 earbud but it's quite possible that these are exactly the same units, at least they look the same.
    This is what I linked: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32979009902.html
    This is said to be original emx500, if you scroll down there is a comparison between old and new version, new version looks the same as the one above: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32855076228.html

3. KevDzn
    Re-cabled my Red Vido over the weekend with a TRN 8 Core upgrade cable (the one with some wires not soldered) which I took apart.
    Compared to stock the mids and treble are more forward while the bass is cleaner and less bleed.

RED VIDO NEW.jpg

4. subwoof3r
    Isn't that a 4 core ?

5. KevDzn
    Yes, you're right, that's only 4 core. The balance 4 core is for re-cabling in the future.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    subwoof3r likes this.
  6. robar
    Have you tried shells like this for diy projects? I have this bud and I really don't like the sound nor the apple-style front, but the shell itself is pretty nice and small. This bud appears to a pretty popular oem design as it's sold under dozens of brand names. I wonder if a flat head driver could be snapped on.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32894965305.html

7. assassin10000
    Thinking about doing my first diy build. I came across these shells, anyone here used them before?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000100206002.html

1077726892-770240937.jpg

I was considering swapping my yuin pk2 drivers into them. Buy maybe instead I'll buy some others. Just not sure which ones to buy. Any recommendations?

I prefer a balanced or neutral signature. But not too forward or bright. A slight L-shape is also ok as long as it's bass/sub-bass focused. Something just laid back enough for all day listening at regular listening volumes.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  8. DBaldock9
    After looking at the different views of those shells, I'm curious about how & where you solder the wires on those jacks?

9. assassin10000
    Looks like it has thread in mmcx connectors to me.

I messaged the seller, waiting to confirm.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  10. DBaldock9
    I guess the shell is threaded the full length of the MMCX jack, and doesn't require a nut on the inside.
    After soldering the wires on, I'd use some lightweight glue on the MMCX threads, so that the jack doesn't come unscrewed from the shell.

11. assassin10000
    I don't think that will be an issue. Worst case scenario I have blue locktite.

Screenshot_2019-08-22-21-00-22.png

DBaldock9 likes this.
  12. robar
    Do you know any cheap but good quality TPE cables (or at least not pvc) on Aliexpress? (Somewhere around 2.5-4usd, which would be an upgrade from brown kz cable) Most of the listings either don't specify the material or the cable is PVC, which I want to avoid if possible. Thanks :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  13. subwoof3r
    Not sure if it interests someone here but just received yesterday my new soldering iron, a "Mini TS100" (with TS-B2 tip).
    I flashed almost immediately the famous custom frmware made by Ralim (link) for it.
    All I can say is I'm just amazed by the performance of this professional iron, completely two different worlds between the one I used before and this TS100 !
    Soldering is now a huge pleasure. Incredible precision (heat is really going to the end of tip, and real 2°C difference precision), intelligent sleep mode and auto turn off, makes this iron just essential. It will be for sure my best DIY friend for many years to come.
    The custom firmware allows you much more features than the standard one. Highly recommended! (bought it from HERE).
    @Merlin-PT (for info)

Jsingh4, Merlin-PT, endia and 2 others like this.
  14. Merlin-PT
    Thanks for the additional info, I think the TS100 was recommended by @JackFlash .
    Everytime I read about TS100, I wish to buy one, but I already have 4 irons now.
    Does the TS100 handle gets warm or hot after some hours of use?
    Ussualy this happens in all irons, I wonder if it's the same there or if the sleep function takes care of that.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    subwoof3r likes this.
  15. subwoof3r
    Did not used it enough so can't say but so far no warm noticed for now. I just set my TS100 with 300°C as default working temp with a sleep time of 30 seconds to 80°C for idle, and auto power off at 8 minutes. I will probably adjust those values later, but where it is good is that with those kind of values you don't have to worry much about the tip lifetime :)
    Where I find this iron incredible is that the heat is really propagated at the end of the tip.
    Also, the AC adapter that came with (output max up to ~19.9V) is very efficient and only takes couple of seconds to be at the right temperature once you take the iron again (thanks to the gyroscope + accelerometer), approximately 3 seconds from 80° to 300°, and could be even faster if using 24V (max supported).

Merlin-PT likes this.
First

Back
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
70 71 72 73
Next

Last