1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DIY Earbuds

First

Back
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
Next

Last
  1. Merlin-PT
    Those are dual diaphragm drivers.
    I had them in my cart a long time ago and somehow I resisted to buy them, but now they are back in my cart.
    You're putting my rehab in danger :)

DBaldock9 likes this.
  2. subwoof3r
    As promised, just finished my second mod with HTC shells :)

HTC_finished.jpg

3. subwoof3r
    Any recommendation for good universal MMCX pin socket that will fit best on MX500 shells ?
    I found these but isn't 3.5mm a bit too large? I fear to crack the shell during piercing.

[​IMG]

DBaldock9 likes this.
  4. HungryPanda
    I was sent this drill with some MX500 shells and just twist it by hand at the entry to widen enough for those mmcx sockets. It is 3mm just enough to let you twist in the sockets.

20190215_164139[1].jpg

DBaldock9 and subwoof3r like this.
  5. subwoof3r
    My yet first MMCX attempt on my best EMX500 DIY is a big success !!

I can now enjoy all my high-end MMCX cables on it, so happy!

I will do some more pictures later with my different cables ✌️
    This one is a (very soft) NiceHCK 8 cores Pure Silver cable

Cheers' :)

MMCX_project_cabled.jpg

MMCX_project_zoom.jpg

MMCX_project_dismantled.jpg

GREQ, rahmish, cathee and 4 others like this.
  6. thebentern
    Those turned out tremendous! Which mmcx connector did you end up installing in the shells?

7. seanc6441
    3 pole was my initial thought, as my idea was to make a small adapter to connect my earbud cables to so when i use my phone as a dap it won't disconnect in my pocket as the v series phones tend to do when the plug gets nudged around in the socket.

Thanks this is great, appreciate the response!

DBaldock9 likes this.
  8. subwoof3r
    HungryPanda likes this.
  9. kadas152
    It would be awesome if we could share mini reviews of drivers from Ali as a guide for others that are looking for one.

I am now looking for drivers to my "Piano Forte" project using wooden shell:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/16mm-earphone-shell-Green-sandalwood/32837762672.html

Looking for drivers that can be driven mainly from phone or pc (iPhone, iMac) or bluetooth cable (if I will be able to use mmcx connectors in shell). I originally thought that I would use Vido drivers but made my mind as these shells are quite expensive and would use as good driver as possible. Looking for detailed non fatiguing sound with good bass and warmth that would suite those beautiful wooden shells :)

Probably going to buy these two: 32 ohm and 64 ohm

Does anyone have experience one of these? Or is it worth buying something more expensive? Like those dual diaphragm? Or 150 ohm? How difficult is it to drive 150ohm earbud driver? Any other recommendation? @HungryPanda @DBaldock9

Thanks

10. seanc6441
    It would be pointless for us to rec you drivers we have heard in mx500 shells as that piano forte design would have a huge effect on the frequency response.

Without knowing what that shell would do to the sound, it's impossible to give advice.

I think someone used that shell before with emx500 drivers, that's all I know.

Best thing I can say is to try vido first as its cheap, then work from there.

11. kadas152
    Yeah I know that the shell will change a lot but I still believe that at least general technical capabilities will stay on true for both shell types. I’ve seen that EMX500 build and it’s description leads me to believe that the recommendations based on MX500 shell types will still be at least somehow relevant to me.

I am also generally interested in comparing those available drivers as others that I won’t use for Pianos will go into MX500 shells for their new happy lives full of music :)

DBaldock9 likes this.
  12. seanc6441
    Ok in that case I recommend RY4S, kube V1 if you want to salvage drivers from those.

Or just for separate drivers check out yuming store or chitty store on aliex press. Lots of cool higher impedance drivers, I got a 400ohm driver from there.

You can buy emx500 and mx760 graphene drivers in 5/10 pack for a good price too. Those are good drivers to diy with.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  13. HungryPanda
    I put 32 0hm carbon drivers in my wooden shells

subwoof3r and DBaldock9 like this.
  14. subwoof3r
    Just succeed my first ever Vido MMCX mod :)

Vido_MMCX.jpg

If anyone is interested, I might sell them (as I still don't like Vido signature). They will comes with this cable :clap:

cathee, DBaldock9 and HungryPanda like this.
  15. hungphi93
First

Back
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
Next

Last