1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DIY Earbuds

First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Next

Last
  1. purplesun
    Apologies for going off-topic. Am looking for recommendations on sub-$50 DAPs - vertically-oriented, simple user interface, slim and, typically, quite weak output.

headphone amp.jpg
    I had originally wanted to find a housing for this headphone amp board from my old stash. It makes a nice weighty sound.
    I then realise this could be a good basis for a DAP, if I can mash it with a slim DAP internals and house them together back-to-back (removing slim DAP's battery and rear housing).

I have no clue what is a halfway decent sounding cheap slim DAPs I see on AliExpress.
    There used to be a few threads, but no one talks about them anymore.
    Any recommendation on these slim DAPs will be helpful to me.
    Thanks.

EDIT: Just to close out this off-topic post. I just ordered Benjie X3 from taobao for almost no money (around US$10). I will probably create another DIY thread if this DAP/Amp mash-up turns out any good.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  2. mbwilson111
    purplesun likes this.
  3. purplesun
  4. endia

a while ago, i had saw this, a bit late though..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DSD...pm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.299.11cb3c00pVdlN0

purplesun likes this.
  5. Niqeres
    Damn that's a real nice, tight braid.

subwoof3r likes this.
  6. chaiyuta
    It takes quite a long time since I sent my specific DIY parts to PHARKAR consisting of 2 japanese soldering wire, CL copper splitter, 4.4 mm CL pure copper plug and Toxic discontinued Silver Plated Copper Litz (The Last workpiece before Mr.Frank died). Now My custom-spec PHARKAR 185 Ohm already finished. Look forward to listening it.

PHRAKAR 185 Copper 480p.png

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  7. golov17
    S90116-182726.jpg

Merlin-PT, HungryPanda, endia and 3 others like this.
  8. drey101
    I got curious and inspired by the diy earbuds on post in the earbud and iem/earbud lounge. Complete newbie here, but would there be good source on how to get started making your own buds? Haha, I may be too optimistic about this as I only have super basic soldering knowledge back in college a few years back.

I know I can get cables, drivers and shells in aliexpress, but is there anything else I need to get started?

Peterjvh likes this.
  9. HungryPanda
    My latest build 32 ohm carbon drivers

HungryPanda_Chestnut_349.jpg

Merlin-PT, ThanosD, rahmish and 3 others like this.
  10. alias71
    I broke the cable of my beloved mx 980 :frowning2:. Not sure how it happened, I was just storing them in a case like I have done for hundreds of times in the past.
    Is it possible to repair it or maybe I should re-cable them with a more durable cable? Is there anyone that can do it in US for a reasonable price?

Thanks!

IMAG2193.jpg

11. golov17
    This is not your fault - this is a common problem with all mx980,985

alias71, HungryPanda and DBaldock9 like this.
  12. alias71
    Thanks Golov17,
    is there anything that I could attempt to repair it, maybe as a DIYer (I have a basic soldering skill)?

13. golov17
    yes, it is possible. once I did it in the past

alias71 and DBaldock9 like this.
  14. alias71
    Great, this gives me some hope!
    I removed the rubber ring from the mx 980 earbuds but I could not find a way to open them. Can you please tell me how you opened them?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  15. golov17
    with a knife, like, I don’t remember

alias71 likes this.
First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
Next

Last