1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

    Dismiss Notice

DIY Earbuds

First
 
Back
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Next
 
Last
  1. DBaldock9

    Maybe try a bit of mild Flux, to help clean the wire, which should allow better wetting of the solder.
    I've been using WBT Silver Solder for years, mainly on copper wire (tinned & untinned), and IC chips.
     
    HungryPanda and subwoof3r like this.
  2. subwoof3r
    Can you please share to me a link of the product to see how it looks please ?
    Cheers
     
  3. endia
    sounds like your copper wire is "enamelled" copper wire.. usually more flux paste and longer soldering time with higher temperature helps a lot..
     
    DBaldock9 and subwoof3r like this.
  4. Merlin-PT
    To melt the "enamelled" of the copper wire, I make a melted solder ball attached to the iron tip and then dip the wire for some seconds into the solder ball until the "enamelled" melts.
    After that the wire is good to solder.
     
  5. DBaldock9
    subwoof3r likes this.
  6. subwoof3r
    Many thanks, I tried this and it just worked perfectly. I ordered (before trying this) a cu0.7 solding wire, so I will give a try to see if it helps too (for the fun).

    Thanks for sharing this useful tips, I will try your method next time :)

    Many thanks, I will give a look
     
    DBaldock9 and endia like this.
  7. endia
    you're welcome,
    that's ok for soldering plugs pcbs etc. but when you solder that cable to the an earbud driver please prefer @Merlin-PT's method; since drivers don't like high temperatures and long soldering, it's more secure for them :wink:
     
    DBaldock9 and subwoof3r like this.
  8. HungryPanda
    Todays creations:

    PK2 32 ohm driver:
    PK2_32_ohm.jpg
    MX500 300 ohm:

    MX500_300_ohm.jpg
     
    rahmish, cathee, Merlin-PT and 2 others like this.
  9. subwoof3r
  10. purplesun
    Hello, I forgot about this thread.

    Something I do these days when I re-assemble the bud, is to put a thin width of surgical tape over the body/cover gap rather than glue them together.
    I find it provides a more consistent air pressure seal. Easier than applying glue. And easier to take apart the buds again.
    It looks ugly until the foams go on. Then no one will know it's there.
    Works for me, and road-tested fine for past 2 years; never came apart.

    Tape.jpg
     
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  11. HungryPanda
    Great idea purplesun
     
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  12. subwoof3r
    Do you mean during the laying of the grill (usually which contains the speaker) on the shells ? or once everything is in place ?
    (not sure on the picture as I don't know this shell :frowning2: )
     
  13. purplesun
    After you re-assemble everything together. The cover/grill and body usually snaps into place even without any glue, so just lay a thin strip of the surgical tape around the circumference and then work the sides of the tape down with you fingers. It was originally suppose to be a temporary thing, but it worked so well I put them on all the buds I assemble.

    It's a white E808+ shell.
     
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    weedophile, HungryPanda and subwoof3r like this.
  14. subwoof3r
    Ok now I see, thank you very much for clarifying :)
    I'll try that and report :)
     
  15. purplesun
    I don't think there should be any sonic improvements, unless it was leaking terribly at the cover/body gap in the first place.
    Main thing for me was, it was easier to assemble & disassemble the buds. It made correcting mistakes easier.
     
    subwoof3r likes this.
First
 
Back
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Next
 
Last

Share This Page