DIY DAC+AMP for portable use
Mar 17, 2015 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

imran27

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All, I'm an electronics guy and I want to design my own USB DAC+AMP since I also happen to be an audiophile and it'll be a good exercise.

I had a look at pupDAC and similar designs, they are interesting and I'll use them with my own tweaks in I/V and Filter stage. If possible I'll keep the AMP in separate stackable PCB with DAC PCB giving out differential outputs so that I get high SNR and very low distortion and noise floor.

I have a dilemma in selecting a design, whether to go for a Current out DAC (PCM1794A) or a Voltage out DAC (PCM5102A).

The USB I2S bridge will use a TE7022L (still have to read it's datasheet and design notes).

Next dilemma is the DAC output stage op-amps, I have 3 choices - LME49722,OPA1642 & OPA1612. This is only for Current out design I guess since voltage out DAC will directly be followed by an AMP section.

I need some information regarding DAC output filters too as in what are the design goals and parameters to design for and is it required.

Edit : forgot to mention LME49990 for the DAC out stage, these opamps will also be used in AMP stage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back