DIY components cleanout, anything seem interesting?
Apr 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BPRJam

100+ Head-Fier
I'm cleaning out my basement, and came across a large tote of DIY stuff from a few years ago, most of it related to my time on Head-Fi. In it were a few things that might be of interest to the DIY community, some of which I'm unloading in the FS forum. I haven't been around Head-Fi or DIY audio in ages, so I don't know what people are interested in anymore.

In any case, here is the interesting stuff (I'm assuming resistors, rail splitters, and generic caps aren't that interesting):

1. Six EL2001CN buffers. These are long discontinued, but they were the best things around while in production. They're better than the BUF634, and after they were discontinued they were selling for >$10 apiece. They're not worth that much, but they might be worth a few bucks apiece to someone.
  2. Three AD8610s mounted on a browndog. Maybe worth a few bucks apiece?

Some Nichicon Muse Fine Gold boutique capacitors. These are close to top-of-the-line electrolytics for audio usage. I organized a group buy of these for Head-Fi years ago, and it appears I have some left over.
  1. Twenty-six caps rated at 330uF, 35V.
  2. Forty-four caps rated at 100uF, 25V.

Is there still any interest in these items? If so, what forum in the FS forums would I use to sell them?

Thanks.

Apr 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 4
Well, those 8610's on the Brown Dogs are the opamps you said you couldn't find for the PPA's.
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 4
I know - things have gotten a little weird since I put one of the PPAs on the FS forum (without opamps), and then I found the opamps in a tiny anti-static bag labeled for buffers at the bottom of the box.

I can give the whole story if people care, but suffice it to say that I have the opamps for both of those PPA boards now.

NOTE TO SELF: It'll make your life easier to go through the whole box FIRST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back