DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
Nov 14, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #6,121 of 10,535
The center pin is the positive terminal (R+ / L+) and either of those 2 pins can used to terminate the negative connection.(R- / L-) of respective channel.....

Thanks man! Cheers 
beerchug.gif

"either of those 2 pins" you mean those two pins at the sides, am I correct?

Nov 15, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #6,123 of 10,535
From the input end. The earbuds are still attached. What would a multimeter tell me exactly? Which ones are ground? 

Did you take a picture of the 3.5mm end prior de-soldering or cutting those 4 wires?......if not can you trace these wires againt the 3.5mm jack's end where you cut?as to blue with blue etc for ex:

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #6,125 of 10,535
I imagine there will be some deals coming in the next 6 weeks that will appeal to DIYers. Hers' the first I've seen:

This years’ Black Friday Special is bigger and better than ever! Enter the code BLACKFRIDAY16 before checking out between November 24th (Thanksgiving) at 12AM PST and November 30th at 11:59PM PST to receive 20% off on all first party products, including our custom IEM and headphone cables, amplifiers, accessories, and DIY items! Also, our newly announced earplugs will be made available for the first time to purchase during the special! Don’t miss out!​

​

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #6,128 of 10,535
HI guys, 
So this is my second post, as others told me to post in here.  I am looking to recable my Beyerdynamic T50P headphones, as my OEM cable snapped.  I am going to buy the Mogami W2534 cable (probably a length of 6 feet or so).  I am unsure how to connect the split wire (after the y) to the ear cups. I took a picture of the opened up headphones, but I am wondering if I should just solder each of the 4 cables in the quad directly to the 2 points that are in each ear cup?  I'm not sure how I should explain this, but I guess I am just looking for some direction on how to transform the quad cable into the "normal" headphone cable.  

I can't post pictures, so here is a link to the picture of the headphone ear cup opened up.  I am curious about the black part of the cable that is going through the ear cup, and then if I should just directly solder the Mogami cable to the attach points on the speaker.  
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/dragicon/IMG_3559_zpshd2ekmfs.jpg

Nov 30, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #6,129 of 10,535

Im making an adaptor for my er4 with 75ohm resistors in but ive not been able to find a female 3.5mm jack, only ones to attach to a pcb.

Ive used switchcraft jacks everywhere else so was hoping to find something from them but they dont seem to do what im looking for.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

Just added pics

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #6,132 of 10,535

The Reans are good quality, they are a spinoff from Neutrik and I have used them for years. Very durable connectors. They make the males with a couple different sizes of cable openings but I am not so sure they provide that for the females. If the opening does not match up well with the cable size, there are rubber grommets out there that will do the trick.

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #6,134 of 10,535

Users who are viewing this thread

Back