DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
Sep 15, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #2,506 of 10,535
You have to Cryo those as well or buy some Dueland's. PCx has them on sale from $595 each down to $189 each, screaming deal if you ask me.

Sep 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #2,507 of 10,535
You have to Cryo those as well or buy some Dueland's. PCx has them on sale from $595 each down to $189 each, screaming deal if you ask me.

SURE WILL DO.........LOL
dt880smile.png

Sep 16, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #2,508 of 10,535
Damn you can't really buy Mogami Neglex W2549 in the UK, shame that.

EDIT: Anyone know where to buy that stuff?

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #2,509 of 10,535
  EDIT: After searching for cables i always end up to the Mogami W2534. Is it a bad choice because of the money or it will affect the sound? The resistance seems pretty low, doesn't it?

Well if you connect 3 of the conductors and the shield to the shells,  The end-to-end resistance is 2.56 Ohms per 1000 feet. An extremely good coax end-to-end resistance is  1.7 Ohms.  So if you hook it up that way it's not bad.

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #2,511 of 10,535
  I guess it will be better than the 2-euros-RCA i use now, right?

Yes of course. Mogami is a good cable brand. They're like the Neutrik of cables (ie. the standard of cables). They're very easy to work with and are relatively cheap.
What will be the RCA plug that you're going to solder the cable to? Because that's also important and make sure that the diameter of the RCA plug hole is large enough to accept the 6mm in diameter of the Mogami cable.

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #2,512 of 10,535

Yes of course. Mogami is a good cable brand. They're like the Neutrik of cables (ie. the standard of cables). They're very easy to work with and are relatively cheap.
What will be the RCA plug that you're going to solder the cable to? Because that's also important and make sure that the diameter of the RCA plug hole is large enough to accept the 6mm in diameter of the Mogami cable.

I was thinking to buy some Neutrik (gunmetal) 6.5mm, from ebay, but they are pretty expensive.  I just knew that Neutrik has nice plugs, so i chose the best good looking(for me) rca plug. Do they worth it?

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #2,513 of 10,535
  I was thinking to buy some Neutrik (gunmetal) 6.5mm, from ebay, but they are pretty expensive.  I just knew that Neutrik has nice plugs, so i chose the best good looking(for me) rca plug. Do they worth it?

How much expensive? All I know is that Neutrik makes very affordable connectors. They have some expensive ones but they rarely go past €50.

Here for example: Neutrik NYS 373 for only 1.90€ a plug in which you need to buy 4 so that means 7.60€ and will gladly accept up to 8mm cables.

If you don't want fancy and just want inexpensive, functional and reliable with solid build quality connectors, Neutrik is very good.

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #2,515 of 10,535
Can anyone recommend a nice looking Y splitter for headohones for making your own cable?

What kind of style are you looking for?
What color(s), shape, size (length/diameter)? There are a few different options depending on what you want.

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #2,518 of 10,535
  Noone seems to answer my questions 
redface.gif

If you want to buy from France and pay for 14€ of shipping, Audiophonics.fr do carry the Mogami W2549.
Here's the link: http://www.audiophonics.fr/en/cables-modulation-cables-symetrique/mogami-neglex-w2549-cable-modulation-symetrique-60mm-p-4937.html

I am really not sure what dia I am new to diy just wanted to see what was out there

ViaBlue makes some very nice splitters.
http://viablue.de/com/splitter.shtml

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #2,519 of 10,535

How much expensive? All I know is that Neutrik makes very affordable connectors. They have some expensive ones but they rarely go past €50.

Here for example: Neutrik NYS 373 for only 1.90€ a plug in which you need to buy 4 so that means 7.60€ and will gladly accept up to 8mm cables.

If you don't want fancy and just want inexpensive, functional and reliable with solid build quality connectors, Neutrik is very good.

Well i was thinking about those (i need 8 of them) and for an item that won't change much, is pretty expensive (for me). I never heard any difference from difference calbes so i will make my new first cable because i will enjoy it :p Also i want custom length,i want them look nicely (it's like a cable fetish :p ) and if i do make some cables at least i want to be decent quality, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back