DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jul 10, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #6,916 of 16,302
@James

It's Nylon Multi-filament which is the softer more flexible stuff. Techflex make it I believe but 'Techflex' also tends to be the generic name for the shiny (less flexible) stuff. You used Techflex on your HD25 cable and probably wanted 'Nylon Multi-filament' juding by your comments.

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #6,917 of 16,302

Quote:
@James

It's Nylon Multi-filament which is the softer more flexible stuff. Techflex make it I believe but 'Techflex' also tends to be the generic name for the shiny (less flexible) stuff. You used Techflex on your HD25 cable and probably wanted 'Nylon Multi-filament' juding by your comments.

yes, I wanted the more flexible and less shinny one., mine isnt tech flex is this. worst is I ordered some of this tech flex, and now you tell me it could be the same? 
frown.gif

where can I get a very flexible one?

Jul 10, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #6,919 of 16,302
Brand name plugs are expensive and overrated. Sure, they look nice, but you won't see me paying more than $10 per connector. Hell, those RCAs are (claimed to be) rhodium plated, and are $10 for the pair. Suck on that, WBT. It's worse with phone connectors, I find. But hey, if you've got spare Viablues, I'll take them.
Quote:
Nah... you've used nickel plated Neutrik
ph34r.gif

etysmile.gif

As it has already been pointed out, it's for taking 4 conductors down to 3 because 4 18AWG won't fit inside the barrel of the phone jack.

Quote:

i like it!  i like the dabs of green. 

I cant figure out whats doing on about 2 inches down from the 1/8" jack though... what is that?

I'd tell you what wire I'd used, but it'd probably horrify you, and get me banned.

Jul 10, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #6,920 of 16,302

Quote:

I'd tell you what wire I'd used, but it'd probably horrify you, and get me banned.

High Tensile Moon Noodles?

Jul 10, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #6,921 of 16,302
19c/foot 18AWG stranded hookup wire Cryogenically treated $200/6" OCC rhodium-plated silver, coated in 15um PTFE by 3M, surrounded by a layer of 600D Egyptian cotton, shielded by a rhodium-plated copper-silver alloy, all wrapped in cheap hookup wire plastic to create the ultimate sleeper cable. The denizens of Head-Fi will be quick to cast off their opinions on the effects of cables on sound once they try this one out.
Quote:
High Tensile Moon Noodles?

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #6,922 of 16,302

Quote:
19c/foot 18AWG stranded hookup wire Cryogenically treated $200/6" OCC rhodium-plated silver, coated in 15um PTFE by 3M, surrounded by a layer of 600D Egyptian cotton, shielded by a rhodium-plated copper-silver alloy, all wrapped in cheap hookup wire plastic to create the ultimate sleeper cable. The denizens of Head-Fi will be quick to cast off their opinions on the effects of cables on sound once they try this one out.

Link!
Im gonna buy me 90 kilometers of that stuff

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #6,929 of 16,302
Personal opinion, but Mogami. The shield is much easier to work with, especially if you need to use the shield as ground. But honestly it depends on what type of wire you're getting (mic, quad, unbalanced, balanced, coax, digital etc).

Brendan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back