DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jan 30, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #15,106 of 16,305
But still, it is doable and there are different pockets, not just trousers pocket
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #15,109 of 16,305
  I`ve always wondered why someone, who has found "perfect" setup for regular use, doesn`t open up the gear and make IC between stacked DAC and AMP or DAP? 
Less details outside rig = less trouble and stuck situations (pockets).

Don't think I'd have the skills for that hahaha, plus I don't keep the "stack" in my pocket as I always transport them in a zippered soft pouch.

I think my stack is what some would call "transportable" rig

Feb 1, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #15,110 of 16,305

Feb 2, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #15,111 of 16,305
I'm new to this sub, but i've been wanting to make a cable for a while, despite knowing very little about electrical engineering and such. I've glazed over some post here but everything looked too complicated. Today, while I passed the heat shrink tubing aisle at Fry's electronics, I stopped and thought, "What the heck, let's give it a shot."

Anyways, here is my first cable! :) It's only a few inches long because I needed a shorter cable to connect my O2 amp to my PC front jack. The one I had before was too long and looked ugly hanging off of my computer. (This might potentially be a good portable rig cable).

This is an amalgamation of a cable that had bad wires, and another cable that had bad connectors.

Despite only having an old radio shack soldering iron, some scrap parts, and a cheap harbor freight multimeter. I think it came out rather well. (Oh, and the heat shrink tubing is supposed to be clear. But I got frustrated looking for a lighter and ended up using a candle. Hence the smoked tubing, and the mess that's not on camera, lol 
rolleyes.gif
).

Oh! And, yes, it works. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #15,113 of 16,305
Where did you source them conductors?

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #15,120 of 16,305
Which Sennheiser connectors are those? Mind sharing a link? I plan to build my HD6XX cable soon, and I have not settled on where to get the connector from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back