DIY Cable Gallery!!
Mar 31, 2005 at 8:41 AM Post #422 of 16,305
headphoneextension.jpg

Mar 31, 2005 at 5:08 PM Post #424 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
are using anything to hold the RCA plugs other then the solder joints?
:X

no, because those plugs are just temporary

I didn't order the locking ones when I bought them, he sent the wrong ones but the ones that he sent cost twice as much so I didn't complain. When I get around to it I'm going to order the original ones again that will clamp onto the wire and I can heatshrink as well and I'll swap them out. For now it works fine though, it's not like I'm constantly moving, installing, or removing the cable, I just put it in once and leave it.

Apr 1, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #429 of 16,305
I just recabled my SR60's with 20 awg silver coated copper wire, litz braided, and it makes a hell of a difference. Of course, not all the heat shrink I ordered from Parts Express was in stock, so I made do with electrical tape for the time being. I'll have to post a pic when the rest of my order arrives and I finish things up.

Apr 1, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #431 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
Only with the computer!
smily_headphones1.gif

I dont have anything to use it. its pretty overkill for the PC though.
I built it for fun and experience. maybe one day when I get a tubey

Wooh.. Did it make your fans more detailed?
tongue.gif
I'm sure it will come in handy down the line. I've never seen a front on shot of your custom blue heatshrink, what does it say?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #432 of 16,305
HiGHFLYiN9,

Look at RnB180's photogallery. You can find the link from his signature. There should be one picture revealing the text.

Apr 1, 2005 at 7:52 AM Post #433 of 16,305
the heatshrink is custom heat shrink I picked up from AV-Cable, I try to make my cables look as professional as possible, and I think custom shrink is LEET.

they were left over from some bi wire cables I sold on ebay about a year ago.
it stopped being fun and I just quit selling anything on ebay altogether. thus the reason why I used blue shrink on such odd ball clashing cable colors, because its left over shrink I never got to use.

I dont want to show the shrink since someone has already tried to report me as a professional vendor or something? (which I am not), Someone sure tried to make it their business to prevent me from posting my cable work and prevent me from even selling my extras to anyone. I think an anonymous seller felt threatened by the cables I was making, never found out who it was. so to avoid all that drama, I just dont post the custom shrink. If any DIYers are interested in customizing your cables with personal shrink, you can get it on the cheap from AVcable.com, I got some for like $11 bucks.

Im a diyer
that sits around on his living room floor and busts out some cables. The photography part is actually the most rewarding!

I did sell a few homegrown speaker cables on ebay a year ago. never took off, I was making literally about 2 dollars an hour :p, I quit very shortly afterwards. I dont own a business, I dont want to start a business, I cant support a business, I dont have any business website, I do not by wholesale bulk, and I do not own a bussiness account with paypal. (for anyone wondering)

then I came across the "how to make a interconnect thread.. last time I soldered was for a short period in high school about 7 years ago. Seeing the potential of creating my own look and aesthetics for cabling and took a leap and bought a rat shack iron and cat 3 cables. Made my first interconnect..

the rest was history.. you can see my work advance in this thread here. I think my cat 3 cable is in here somewhere and and each cable in sucession grew to become more and more complicated. rarely did I repeat any cable more then once.

Ive dropped about a few hudred dollars with this hobby, and now its just too much to keep up with. I will not be ordering any more cables or connectors. I truely feel that Ive already made everything there is possible to make with interconnects, and Im just gonna take a break and focus more on my artwork and PSP
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a few connectors left over from my IY supplies so Ill probably use them and thats it, no more for me. at least for now
smily_headphones1.gif

also people wondering why my photographs look so good, no I am not a professional seller hosting pics on photobucket. The photography comes from about 7 years of working with digital imagery, a major in art, creativity, and experience as a web designer and graphics designer in past side jobs
smily_headphones1.gif
. and no the DIY pages I have link have no relevance to my ability of making a web page.

Edit: Ive been asked do I profit from cables I sell. Im actually in debt a few hundred dollars because of cables, I dont think there is profit when the money from a sale still ends up in negative cash. I have NO real cash at my disposal, does $1900 debt count as profit?
smily_headphones1.gif
, Im am serious, you shake my wallet and not even a penny falls out, check my pockets and there IS NO money in them. Im just credit spend happy, spending money imaginary money called credit card debt :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back