DIY Cable Gallery!!
May 17, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #13,608 of 16,305
Crappy picture of my recabled D2K. 4 foot long using toxic cables scorpion standard translucent black copper cable. I swear the sound's darker and bassier than it used to be which is a good thing in my book.

EDIT: I forgot the picture...

May 17, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #13,609 of 16,305
Neutrik with Double Helix splitter:
http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=118
Very nice, Furutech right? Know where I can buy a splitter like that?

May 17, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #13,610 of 16,305
Crappy picture of my recabled D2K. 4 foot long using toxic cables scorpion standard translucent black copper cable. I swear the sound's darker and bassier than it used to be which is a good thing in my book.

Beautiful cable!!!

May 17, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #13,612 of 16,305

Beautiful cable!!!

Looks like the way i do my recables. Neutrik straight and 26awg wire? I use btg audio wire. Looks very similar to that toxic... I prefer to braid it like that as well. It adds flexibility. I see a lot of braids that are tighter, but then it doesn't feel as soft.

May 17, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #13,613 of 16,305
Sorry for the last discussion i've made. Okay, i'll just post photos here...:D

did some test cable last night

1782160_10201911035637110_7203544816322461064_n.jpg

May 18, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #13,614 of 16,305
Looks like the way i do my recables. Neutrik straight and 26awg wire? I use btg audio wire. Looks very similar to that toxic... I prefer to braid it like that as well. It adds flexibility. I see a lot of braids that are tighter, but then it doesn't feel as soft.

Rean straight actually, but they look so similar they might as well be the same jack. I originally recabled because I hated how stiff the stock cable was so I went with a loose braid to aid in flexibility.

May 18, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #13,616 of 16,305
  They are the same jack, Rean is just another name for Neutrik.

Nice cable BTW.

Oh I had no idea, interesting bit of information!

Thanks, your wire is excellent stuff too 
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #13,617 of 16,305
Rean straight actually, but they look so similar they might as well be the same jack. I originally recabled because I hated how stiff the stock cable was so I went with a loose braid to aid in flexibility.

They are the same jack, Rean is just another name for Neutrik.

Nice cable BTW.

Yep. :) mine are rean as well.

May 18, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #13,619 of 16,305
Neutrik owns Rean, they are independent product lines. Rean connectors are not on the same level of quality as Neutrik, they are good connectors but they aren't Neutrik.

Both the Neutrik and rean 3.5mm plugs are the exact quality as they are the same plug, just different logo. You will find that many places you order Neutrik from will also send you the rean instead.

Only place you will see different quality is when the exact same connector is not sold in both the Neutrik and Rean brands, so how do you compare one against the other. When you find the same product under both brands, you will find them to be the same, they are just sold under 2 different brands.

Even on the rean site, you will find that the actual product pictures show the Neutrik branded plugs, http://www.rean-connectors.com/en/products/35-mm-plugs/

Some of the products that are now being sold with both Neutrik and Rean brands, will soon only be available in the Rean brand, including the 3.5mm plugs, that's my understanding from speaking directly with Neutrik UK some time ago.

Anyhow, this is the picture gallery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back