DIY Cable Gallery!!
Mar 9, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #14,836 of 16,305
First off thanks for this awesome thread filled with inspiring projects! This is my first cable and I am pretty pleased with how it turned out (but it could be better). I will use this with my detachable cable mod to my TH-X00 (using 2.5mm plugs). These are using Mogami W2799, and chinese pain in the ass to solder 2.5mm extended mono plugs. Used a Radio Shack 1/4" Goldie to terminate.

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #14,837 of 16,305
  First off thanks for this awesome thread filled with inspiring projects! This is my first cable and I am pretty pleased with how it turned out (but it could be better). I will use this with my detachable cable mod to my TH-X00 (using 2.5mm plugs). These are using Mogami W2799, and chinese pain in the ass to solder 2.5mm extended mono plugs. Used a Radio Shack 1/4" Goldie to terminate.

Love the color choice of paracord! But the jack plug kinda ruins the full picture, perhaps a black plug would be better?

But just a little heads-up on you pictures.. You should expand the focus(?) Dno what it's called in english.. But you pictures could be magnificent if we could see more of the cables instead of all the blurred stuff going on.. 

Keep up the good work!

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #14,838 of 16,305

Love the color choice of paracord! But the jack plug kinda ruins the full picture, perhaps a black plug would be better?

But just a little heads-up on you pictures.. You should expand the focus(?) Dno what it's called in english.. But you pictures could be magnificent if we could see more of the cables instead of all the blurred stuff going on.. 

Keep up the good work!

Good call. I should have done a better job with the photos.

In regards to the gold plug... I got impatient. The next one will be more consistent.

Mar 13, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #14,839 of 16,305
I thought the depth of focus might have been deliberate, you'd have to set the aperture wide open with a fairly fast lens to get that.

I thought it was focusing on the three elements of the cable.

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #14,843 of 16,305
Redid my Yuin PK2.  Converted back from PONO balanced to SE. This time with a round braid, which took a few tries to get it down right.

Here's an Aurisonics Rockets that I converted to 2.5mm TRRS balanced:

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #14,845 of 16,305
Some new pictures of my current work! I really like my DT770 - one of the drivers went poof, so I replaced them both with a pair of HD555 drivers, and they sound awesome! The only issue is the bass are on it's minimal, so I have to mod some more bass into them.. :wink:

There's a little mistake on my Jack to jack cable.. You can see it on the right picture -  Just havn't got the time fixing it..

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #14,846 of 16,305
DNot sure if this can be classed as a cable but it's my 'direct' connection cable for my Dragonfly and iPhone 6. Now I know it works I'll build a tidier version probably in aluminium or covered in leather.

Mar 27, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #14,847 of 16,305
Not exactly "Head-fi"... but definitely DIY:

Mogami W2524 20 gauge OFC with right-angled G&H copper tip 1/4" TS plugs.

Taking nothing away from Neutrik or Switchcraft among others, but G&H 1/4" plugs are very under-appreciated.

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #14,849 of 16,305
My iGrados lost sound out of one driver so I pimped them out...

7/0.15 26AWG PTFE silver plated, copper stranded wire.
2mm & 4mm expanding braided sleeving.
Adhesive heatshrink.
NTP3RC-B Neutrik Mini Jack.
PlusSoundAudio Y-Splitter.
Rubber grommets covering the slightly widened holes.
Koss KSC75 replacement earpads. 

They sound fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back