DIY Cable Gallery!!
Apr 1, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #436 of 16,305
Mini2RCA3.jpg

Apr 1, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #437 of 16,305
Here are some of my more recent, feeble efforts.

1) Mains lead (for UK 220V PSU on my ATi 2506 power amp.) The massive plug allows me to use two * 12AWG silver-plated copper for live and neutral, and one for the earth. It's a cross-helix design and sounds fab - really opened up the soundstage and deepened the bass on DVD movies considerably.

Revers.jpg

2) Reterminated - well, rebuilt from the core silver ribbon (yes, 0.3" wide ribbon) - an aquaintance's cables he'd had custom-built by a professional company (for obvious reasons I won't say who) Before picture - bad quality but to get the idea.

Before.jpg

After picture:

Afterwards.jpg

Constructive comments much appreciated.
280smile.gif

Keep well,
Paul.

Apr 1, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #438 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulflowe
2) Reterminated - well, rebuilt from the core silver ribbon (yes, 0.3" wide ribbon) - an aquaintance's cables he'd had custom-built by a professional company (for obvious reasons I won't say who) Before picture - bad quality but to get the idea.

Before.jpg

After picture:

Afterwards.jpg

I hope your friend is happy with your efforts (I know I would be
biggrin.gif
)

/U.

Apr 1, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #441 of 16,305
It's called Spider from Cableorganizer... It's pretty neat stuff, though when I ordered it they only had a few feet left and only in a couple of sizes, one of which was just right for the mains lead.

Regards,
Paul.
cool.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #442 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulflowe
It's called Spider from Cableorganizer... It's pretty neat stuff, though when I ordered it they only had a few feet left and only in a couple of sizes, one of which was just right for the mains lead.

Regards,
Paul.
cool.gif

I had spyder from wire care, but bought the 1/4" stuff, i was dissapointed with it, I guess diameter matters since mine on have a single red tracer rather then the cool snaks skin effect like yours :p

Apr 2, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #443 of 16,305
Here are my first interconnects.
600smile.gif

The rca-mini is twisted stranded (I wanted solid but these were on a sale-out, oh well) copper with a telescope shield (connected at one (mini) end). It's for my portable to my Pimeta.
attachment.php

The rcas are XLO geometry (from Tnt-Audio). Twelve solid isolated copper wires are wound around an empty foamed coax core. It sounds great.
attachment.php

When money allows I'll try some teflon isolated stuff (this is all PVC I guess).

Apr 4, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #445 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood

Since more expensive 99.99% Silver was used, I figured a "window" would be nice so you get the benefit of seeing the pretty silver inside.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

clever
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #447 of 16,305
making my studio friend some custom adapters.

heres one.

xlradapter.jpg

dual conductor leads for the hot and cold and shield as ground.

anyone who knows the 1/4" trs silver neutriks will know how much of a pain it is to solder fat leads like that to the terminals.

I had to do it tht way to maintain the same resistance as the other XLR's Ive made for him, if he ever uses the adapaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back