DIY Cable Gallery!!

1. Fasterball
    Dude! This is you? Ha ha - that's so awesome! I was going to do the 3 wire from a mono connector but then I found this video and decided to do it right. I'll post pics soon, but this video helped a ton. So simple but all I had seen was people twisting wire with a drill and this put such a bind on the wires and I couldnt make it look right, but with your method in this video it was easier. Thanks for this!

Oscar-HiFi likes this.
  2. demevalos
    Xcjvkim.jpg 0GA55vo.jpg

Made a cable that I'm very happy about! Just a basic 3.5 to 3.5, sleeved in 550 paracord. Mogami w2893 4 strands core (only using 3 wires obviously), and some Pailiccs jacks from aliexpress (they were only $6 shipped, can't complain about that!)

3. Fasterball
    I just made these cables using the twist method recommended by Oscar-HiFi: https://imgur.com/E5ej7VV. These were fun to make!

Oscar-HiFi and Letmebefrank like this.
  4. Oscar-HiFi
    Me a long time ago :D

This is me now.... (with my other half)

21246158_1536531086422474_233779967472865156_o.jpg

Fasterball likes this.
  5. Fasterball
    What do you guys use for splitters when making headphone cables? do you just use heat shrink? If not and you use pants boot type y splitter where do you get it?

6. windcar
    [​IMG]

Slipmyster and MikeyFresh like this.
  7. Fasterball
    That is beautiful! Nice work!

8. Fasterball
    [​IMG]

9. demevalos
    last post here isnt showing up for me

10. Hal Rockwell
    Same here

11. demevalos
    YOxQY48.jpg

My first go at a braided cable. 3.5 to 3.5, mogami w2893 in 275 paracord, braided and terminated with Paillics connectors.

12. afonsoocosta
  13. demevalos
    Connectors were $6 for 4 on Ali express, paracord was $6 for 50 feet, and the Mogami was 80cents per foot

14. afonsoocosta
    I want to do a 3.5mm but i dont think i'm cable to do it, and i also want to do a usb, but i really think i dont have the "hands" to do it xD

15. Fasterball
    demevalos likes this.