diy and plans for amps
Sep 9, 2009 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

SaxonFSU

Head-Fier
im new to this forum but im having trouble locating some plans for headphone amps. i was just woundering if there are any on this forum that alot of users use.

its just me but if there were maybe they should be stickied in the diy forum.

im interested in building my first headphone amp. i am well versed in electronics but i am having trouble getting started. i like the ease of a cmoy amp but not sure if that is the best place to start.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 13
Head on over to the Headwize library. Many plans and schematics.
Headwize... Chu Moy... cmoy.

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 13
There are tons of well thought of designs in use by many members here... just browsing through the first few pages of this forum should give you threads for many of them.

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #6 of 13
Audiologica

AMB Laboratories DIY Audio Site

Should keep you busy for a bit
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #7 of 13
in your' opinions, whats the easiest, cheapest good sounding headphone amp to build. also i have some audio technica ath-m30s, what set up do you' think would be best for them(65 ohm) running from modded 16 gb ipod mini

Sep 10, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #9 of 13
Def the mini3. It is easy to build and sounds great. Cheap too!

Sep 10, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #10 of 13
Mini3
Cmoy is almost a right of passage... That said, easy, cheap, best sounding has to go to the Mini3.

Sep 10, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #12 of 13
No kit needed. Here is everything you need to spec the parts, where to get them, and better yet good advice as to why.
For a Mini3 go here Ti sells the PCB and hard to locate parts and spec out everything else you need.

You can get the parts from Mouser, Digi-Key, just to name a few. I use Mouser for most and Digi-Key for what I can't find at Mouser YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back