DIY AMP case requests?
Nov 27, 2002 at 6:52 AM Post #33 of 44
Whatever...

CLEAR!

Dec 3, 2002 at 5:26 AM Post #35 of 44
I really liked the carbon fiber idea for the ultimate portable. Right now portables are either plastic because they weigh less or metal because theyre more durable. You can make an argument for either one but better would be a case that was bot and carbon fiber would rock.

For home based electronics, I'll always prefer steel and settle for extruded aluminum, and think everything else looks cheap.

Dec 3, 2002 at 6:36 AM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

Originally posted by Nightfall
I was just about to post and say the same thing. Obviously marble would be ridiculously hard to work with, but Corian might be possible, and what a great enclosure.

I have access to tons of small scrap pieces of this stuff. Perfect size for headphone amps.

Dec 3, 2002 at 8:50 AM Post #37 of 44
I had a great idea to put a Maxout META in an apple airport base station v.2, w/ blue LEDS. Only problem is...

Where can I get an aiport base station shell for cheap?

Dec 3, 2002 at 7:28 PM Post #39 of 44
we're still working on ideas...

lobster, i like the idea...if you start that project, id love to stop by and check it out.

Dec 12, 2002 at 8:16 PM Post #40 of 44
currently we are playing with the idea of Koa wood from Hawaii.
koacurly.jpg

we probably wont start playing around until January...but ill keep posting progress or begging for more requests.

thanks

Dec 12, 2002 at 8:24 PM Post #41 of 44
Im liking the idea of wood but another one that i thought would be cool is some combination of titanium or some type of silver shiney metal with black leather. I dont know really how i would combine them but i just have a feeling someone could make it look REALLY hot.

Dec 12, 2002 at 8:26 PM Post #42 of 44
sexy sexy! ^_^

I'm still looking for an airport base shell. There was a v.1 on ebay a while ago, but I got outbid. Who woulda thought there would be that much interest in a broken unit? There were like 15 bids on it, and I kept upping mine until I figured it wouldn't be worth it anymore.

Dec 13, 2002 at 7:42 PM Post #44 of 44
I came very close to using a cigar box for my META. Just go to any decent cigar shop and they usually sell them for around $2-4 bucks. However jack selection becomes a pain to work with thicker enclosure walls. I guess you could sand the side walls down = too much work in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back