DIY American Headphone Stand (56k warning)
Apr 1, 2006 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

gsteinb88

500+ Head-Fier
Okay, im neither the first, nor the last to make a headphone stand. But i thought it turned out pretty well. Pics:
dscf11485wa.jpg

[size=xx-small]Nope, no tilt to the camera there[/size]
dscf11442bp.jpg

With the HD595's and the MS-1's
Let me know what you think.
-g
EDIT: The base is mahogony, while the T is made of a particularly nice dowel. The trim around the edge of the base was done with a router, while the curve on the top of the dowel was done with a hole saw. The dowel is 1.25"

Apr 2, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 12
The colors are a bit.... garish, but to each of his own
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteinb88
EDIT: The base is mahogony, while the T is made of a particularly nice dowel. The trim around the edge of the base was done with a router, while the curve on the top of the dowel was done with a hole saw. The dowel is 1.25"

Why use mahogany if you're going to paint it? It's such a nice hardwood..

Paint makes hardwood cry! Every time you paint hardwood, God kills another hardwood tree. Think of the hardwood trees!!!

Apr 3, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #5 of 12
I thought the paint would look better than it did honestly. Ive since decided that staining the mahogony would have looked better. Thank god ive got a bit more to play with (this was some leftover scrap, didnt cost me anything). And i agree the colors are a bit garish, but it adds a splash of color to my room. It also looks better in person than in the pics.
Ah well, all these reflections give me a reason to make another one. I love woodworking (even if my stuff doesnt always look the best, its fun)
biggrin.gif

-g

Apr 3, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteinb88
I love woodworking (even if my stuff doesnt always look the best, its fun)
biggrin.gif

-g

And that is what this is about.

Apr 3, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 12
Why thank you, Rick. It definitly matches the dog i use as a headphone stand sometimes. Well, really only that once. Heres proof that it isnt quite as so eye shattering in my room. Ignore the, ah, mess (i think that qualifies as an understatement)
dscf11493zu.jpg

580smile.gif

-g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back