Diverse system
Aug 10, 2002 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TimSchirmer

Repelling digital infidels. (Would that be called the Digifadah?)
Lol, I just thought of something. When I finish up my source upgrade, my system will be from all over the world...

Audio Note Cartridge from England, Rega RB300 from England, MAS from England (all english analog setup) My little rat phono preamp is from the Korea. My Interconnects are from USA, My headphone amp is from canada (thomas) my Clou's are from sweden, and my headphones are from germany (ireland)

kinda odd...it's like each reigon has it's specialty. I have noticed many amp companies from canada, such as divergent and space-tech lab. German-speaking countries have lots of headphones like AKG, Beyer, Ultrasone, and Sennheiser. UK has all of the vinyl, with Rega, Michell, Pro-Ject.etc Then again, there are japan and USA, which have lots of everything. I wonder if those aussies have any good stuff besided perreaux.

Aug 10, 2002 at 5:43 AM Post #2 of 3
Proof positive that given some common ground, the world indeed can just get along. What would be interesting is if you cracked open all of that hardware to see how many additional Asian countries you could add to the list for individual component manufactured contributions.

Aug 10, 2002 at 7:52 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
I wonder if those aussies have any good stuff besided perreaux.

Technically Perreaux are a New Zealand company. But like everything good that Nz produces we claim it as our own
tongue.gif

We do however have many good loudspeaker manufacturers. There are a few other amp companies as well, Redgum make some very nice power amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back