DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Apr 6, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #1,233 of 1,451
How does one objectively audit these iems without having to worry whether or not they've fully burnt in at the respective audio shops?

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #1,235 of 1,451
That is a good question. I think the best way is to ask the shop, and see if they're burnt in. Most shops in my country try to burn everything in
smily_headphones1.gif

Would be nice it there was a an accelerated way to burn in 
redface.gif

High Octane Burn

Apr 9, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #1,238 of 1,451
Just finished modding my Dita Answers with a new plug.
I use an Apple iPhone 5 and have wrapped it in a Cleave Crystal bumper.
The trouble with the bumper is that it is very deep around the headphone socket and the Dita plug simply wouldn't fit. I had to use a short cable adaptor but I wasn't happy with the effect this had on the sound - it was subtle but still audible. I wanted to simplify the signal path but needed a plug with a 3-4mm stand off.

I purchased a Furutech plug and was in the process of fitting it when it decided to simply disintegrate. The tip just fell off the bronze rod inside and couldn't be pressed back on.

Rather than spend another AU$50 on another one, I found that Helix Cables' plug was very close in quality - bronze centre pole, etc, etc. So I grabbed a handful of them.
I've simply kept the Furutech barrel on as it matches the Dita Y junction and the ear plugs easthetically.

The little colour coded cables were gently sanded back to bare copper and soldered to the tabs with a Cu/Ag content solder. This was then strain relieved with hot melt glue and the plug's own crimp clamp.

Conductor colours;
Copper and green - earth
Blue - positive
Red - negative.

I used a test cd to check channel balance and de-engineered the Dita plug to check coding to ensure absolute polarity.

Some pics;

For those interested, the phone has a leather Draco skin in the back and the front is an SGP Glas Tr slim.

Hi winno, i'm looking into a trade for some dita truths with 3.5mm plugs (se). I always like balanced, so wanted to ask, when you opened it up, were there 4 conductors/wires or 3, with the ground being copper and green cable or the 2 grounds one being copper AND another green? Appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #1,239 of 1,451
Hi winno, i'm looking into a trade for some dita truths with 3.5mm plugs (se). I always like balanced, so wanted to ask, when you opened it up, were there 4 conductors/wires or 3, with the ground being copper and green cable or the 2 grounds one being copper AND another green? Appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

You are thinking change to the 2.5mm plug? (balanced), nice, if you go to this quest, please put here the steps and some photos to see all the process.
It's will be very interesting .

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #1,243 of 1,451
I have been lolly gagging about buying these Dita Truth until I found a great deal I couldn't pass up. Lots of times I emailed Dita about their IEM only to back out. I should of grab these a long time ago. Dita great job Danny and Desmond great job. I must say I'm a believer of the Dita Experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back