DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Mar 28, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #1,187 of 1,451
The earlier editions the pill shaped body was larger, it has been reduced in recent versions, also with some changes to the nozzle(longer?, different angle?).

I wouldn't be confident to say that the body has decreased in size, in fact I've got two pairs here an old and new one, and I think it's unlikely. That Said the nozzle is a tad longer :)

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #1,188 of 1,451
I wouldn't be confident to say that the body has decreased in size, in fact I've got two pairs here an old and new one, and I think it's unlikely. That Said the nozzle is a tad longer :)

Can you take a pic of the nozzle differences. I would be extremely likely to give them a chance. I would really appreciate it.

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #1,190 of 1,451
The earlier editions the pill shaped body was larger, it has been reduced in recent versions, also with some changes to the nozzle(longer?, different angle?).

i had one of the first Truth models (end of 2013) the body disc of the one i got at the end of 2015 was quite smaller.

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #1,191 of 1,451
Will do when I have the time. It's about an addidional mm or so longer, doesn't seem like much but I can feel a clear difference when inserting it

Ok great! I thank you for your time WCDchee. 1mm is pretty significant in matters of the ear canal. This sounds very promising!

Mar 29, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #1,192 of 1,451
Ok great! I thank you for your time WCDchee. 1mm is pretty significant in matters of the ear canal. This sounds very promising!

I don't have my old pair on hand, but I found a photo from the Dita website. The second one is a new pair. Basically, if you take a look at where the nozzle of the tip stop when you slide it in, you can see it stops about 1-1.5mm further out in the second photo :)

Mar 29, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #1,193 of 1,451
i had one of the first Truth models (end of 2013) the body disc of the one i got at the end of 2015 was quite smaller.

That's interesting to note, do you happen to have pics?

I've just checked with Dita, and apart from the nozzle, there should not be any other structural changes. The newer pieces have a slightly more angular faceplate design, and the new truths have a faceplate design that follow the answer's but the physical size did not change according to them.

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #1,194 of 1,451
From I hear from other Dita owners, the non-Truth, Truth and Truth (balanced) all sound different.

I have a Truth balanced which is nearing, if not passed, the recommended 500-hour burn in mark. I think it is ready to be judged. Short final verdict: it's good, very good even, but not great. No major faults; it's well above average in all departments. Listening to more demanding material, ie a high resolution operatic K2HD recording, the mids was impressive and the bass tight and speedy. The highs, it didn't do so well; I found it a tad bright and overall, the separation was found wanting For its price, no complaints whatsoever. A good all-rounder for classical, jazz, crossover stuff and vocals. The springy cable is a bit of a nuisance but very usable.

Merry Christmas, all.

just got the truth ,japan gold edition single end ,yesterday (was burnt in for 100 hours already by the previous owner) The statement above from efftee was spot on. I can not pair the truth with some high resolution daps, because the high is so bright. I use HM901 with balanced card, it doesn't match well. Jazz, acoustic soumd very good with the truth (even compaired with fit ear 335 ), but genres such as dance, edm are not well match with them (but I think it depends so much on the player you use) I have to wait for my HM801 to come back from Hifiman or have to buy a suitable amp card for the 901. By the way, I think the second hand price, I paid, is very well spend. 

Mar 29, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #1,195 of 1,451

That's interesting to note, do you happen to have pics?

I've just checked with Dita, and apart from the nozzle, there should not be any other structural changes. The newer pieces have a slightly more angular faceplate design, and the new truths have a faceplate design that follow the answer's but the physical size did not change according to them.
thanks . Memory is a fickle thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back