DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Mar 14, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #1,156 of 1,451
Thanks, just pulled the trigger on the truth. Was very tempted by w60 or Rosie as keen to hear what 6+ multis can do, but good experiences with single dynamic ie800s swung it. Had fidue a83 before and they were just ok. Will report back when the postman comes!

Remember, for the Dita earphones, a recommended 4-500h break in time is required for them to sound their best, recommended by the company itself, but do not worry they should sound good out of the box already.

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #1,157 of 1,451
Remember, for the Dita earphones, a recommended 4-500h break in time is required for them to sound their best, recommended by the company itself, but do not worry they should sound good out of the box already.

Ok thanks. Good advice. I'm panicking a little now as I'm thinking maybe ie800 and dita truth are too similar sound signature. Probably just post purchase iem guilt kicking in. Mouths to feed and I'm splurging £££ on my ears! **breathe**

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #1,159 of 1,451

imo out of the box the mid highs (not sure if this terms even exists) is a bit too piercing for me. they'll settle up after a while. I personally started to really love them after around 50h+ burn time

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #1,160 of 1,451
  imo out of the box the mid highs (not sure if this terms even exists) is a bit too piercing for me. they'll settle up after a while. I personally started to really love them after around 50h+ burn time

when not fully burnt-in, do use the grey tips instead of the black.  it will tame the mids and highs.

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #1,161 of 1,451
when not fully burnt-in, do use the grey tips instead of the black.  it will tame the mids and highs.

Top tip, first impressions are piercing mid highs (if it doesn't exist it does now) and very little bottom end. Can definitely spot smile inducing definition through the crimson peak, but hoping some tiprolling and burntime will tame the tops and flesh out the bottoms

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #1,162 of 1,451
Top tip, first impressions are piercing mid highs (if it doesn't exist it does now) and very little bottom end. Can definitely spot smile inducing definition through the crimson peak, but hoping some tiprolling and burntime will tame the tops and flesh out the bottoms

Been burning a pair in and every 50 hours or so, comparing it to another pair as a reference point. The highs definitely tame and become smoother, the mids fill out and the bottom end really tightens up. The imaging and staging improve too, opening up and become sharper and clearer.

I would recommend starting with the blue cored tips for you since you're finding the treble harsh :)

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #1,165 of 1,451
  How does the truth sounds like compared to multiple BA drivers custom, such as K10 or solar? Since they are pretty much as the same price level, it would be good to know.

the only BA custom that i have is UE 11. I don't know how it fares with the latest CIEM technology. And its been ages since the last time I used them. Been using them for around 1 hour last week before the cable broke. (am looking for cable replacement).

All in all the main differences that i found is classic BA vs dynamic drivers sounds (IMO). And recently I lean towards how dynamic drivers reproduce sound. esp. on decays and the bass texture. I feel like dynamic drivers esp Dita capable of delivering more natural sounds. 

Still the UE 11 attacks faster, more aggressive compared to dita. and i think these are some aspects that BA excel compared to Dynamics.

other than that is about how the manufacturer tune the SQ and presentations differences. 

Again its on UE 11 and its been ages. and all is only my opinion. 

For me I think I'm leaning on dita truth for casual listening. esp on instrumental, relaxing pop musics. for upbeat and aggressive musics i think still prefer UE 11. 

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #1,168 of 1,451
Could you specify a little bit? I am just curious about whether they are at the same level. Or does k10 outperforms the truth?

They are completely different - K10 has full coloured layered fun signature, Dita has reference detailed precise type signature - both are great all depends on your preference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back