DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Mar 5, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #1,141 of 1,451
maybe, they are still working on it.

In my search for iem I have decided to go back to Dita. But I've never had ie800, im a fan of dynamics, the one time I heard the Senns I loved it, but treble was a bit disturbing, tho I like a prominent one, so maybe Dita is better.
Would you advise me to wait tho?
Thx audionewbi

Mar 5, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #1,142 of 1,451
In my search for iem I have decided to go back to Dita. But I've never had ie800, im a fan of dynamics, the one time I heard the Senns I loved it, but treble was a bit disturbing, tho I like a prominent one, so maybe Dita is better.

Would you advise me to wait tho?

Thx audionewbi

I am no body significant so I would not dare tell anyone what to do, however in this hobby patience tends to pay off. Now days it seems a new and "better" product is always just around a corner, so waiting and allowing others to do the testing is always the more cost effective thing to do.

I would have liked to use the IE800 if it was not for its fit. I also enjoy dita better but I find its stiff cable a problem and the housing can be uncomfortable for smaller ears.

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #1,144 of 1,451
  I am no body significant so I would not dare tell anyone what to do, however in this hobby patience tends to pay off. Now days it seems a new and "better" product is always just around a corner, so waiting and allowing others to be the testing is always the more cost effective thing to do.

I would have liked to use the IE800 if it was not for its fit. I also enjoy dita better but I find its stiff cable a problem and the housing can be uncomfortable for smaller ears.

haha, sorry, didn't mean it as in tell me what to do :), but perhaps that you might have seen the new ones, i think both Dita and ie800 non detachable cables are better than the shure type click connector, not a fan myself.
Also, why would i be improving further on the Van Den Hul
beerchug.gif

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #1,145 of 1,451
haha, sorry, didn't mean it as in tell me what to do :), but perhaps that you might have seen the new ones, i think both Dita and ie800 non detachable cables are better than the shure type click connector, not a fan myself.

Also, why would i be improving further on the Van Den Hul:beerchug:

I am in no way an insider for Dita, just a regular head-fi member. There are certain products that I do beta test but I never talk about as they simply aren't good.

What I like about Dita is they at least try to do their homework before releasing new things, I expect dream be nothing but perfect.

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #1,146 of 1,451
I am in now way an insider for Dita, just a regular head-fi member. There are certain products that I do beta test but I never talk about as they simply aren't good.

What I like about Dita is they at least try to do their homework before releasing new things, I expect dream be nothing but perfect.

Details so vague, but i also admit for not reading the thread till now, is it gonna be called dream?

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #1,148 of 1,451
For those who are unaware, that is the brass edition of the Dita answer with the copper truth cable revealed at Canjam Singapore just a few weeks ago. It's going to be a limited run, released in the upcoming months. It sounds absolutely gorgeous! Yes the brass makes an absolute difference to the sound!

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #1,150 of 1,451
  I think its already out there in the wild :wink:

http://headpie.blogspot.jp/2016/02/dita-audio-dbespoke-patrick-chia-brass.html

nope.  that is the brass with silver truth cable ( only 20 sets worldwide specially for d.bespoke ).  the to be released is the brass with copper truth cable ( limited edition ).

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #1,153 of 1,451
Having been listening to the Truth for a few days, it left me wondering if achieving this level of sound quality is achievable by an iem with a not-so-large dynamic driver, why on earth haven't anyone done it (or anything similar) before? I mean there ARE big name players in the field who up to today still concentrates on their dynamic driver phones (Senn, Beyer for example) but none tried to squeeze out the best potential of their dynamic driver technology in their in-ears............IE800 WAS the best they tried to offer but come on surely they can do better?

While I understand fully the need to protect their commercial interests, I'd really REALLY appreciate it if Dita can offer at least a bit about the magical hoodoo they did to the dynamic driver technology that's been around for so many tens of years. The SQ leap from the level of say IE800 or MG to the Dita is almost unthinkable................I'm curious. VERY curious. Unfortunately Dita's info on the hp and the booklet in the package doesn't help at all.

And a less important question (but still nags me a tiny bit) is what's its place of origin? I know Dita is from Singapore but where are the iems produced?

Curious.....................very curious indeed..................

So dita is a noticeable upgrade on ie800? Hoping to pair with dx90>mojo.the ie800s scale well in this setup so hoping the ditas will also

Mar 13, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #1,154 of 1,451
So dita is a noticeable upgrade on ie800? Hoping to pair with dx90>mojo.the ie800s scale well in this setup so hoping the ditas will also

simple answer is no, just different
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back