DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Aug 7, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #755 of 1,451
I'm bumping this thread solely because it makes me sad to see it so dormant. 
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #756 of 1,451
  I'm bumping this thread solely because it makes me sad to see it so dormant. 
confused_face_2.gif

You and me both brother.  I really think the foam tips took them to another level for me due to my sensitivity to the minor treble spikes that may have been present using silicon tips.

Aug 7, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #757 of 1,451

You and me both brother.  I really think the foam tips took them to another level for me due to my sensitivity to the minor treble spikes that may have been present using silicon tips.

That is interesting, i recently reverted back to silicone tips after trying foam and finding that they somehow flattened the sound. It is a difficult thing to describe but there was a perceived loss of air with foam tips for me. Also, foam tips irritate my ears and can make them red raw and very sore but i thought i would give them one last go. I am now waiting for some large JVC spiral dots to be delivered to see if they are the perfect tip for me with the DITAs. 

So that means i have two new untouched pairs of comply tips (T500) Large size if anyone really needs them. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #760 of 1,451
Been reading through this thread today, and I must say when I'm upgrading my iem's next time, I've found the answer. (lol) The non-truth edition hits a sweet price spot (between Sennheiser IE80 and IE800) and seems very promicing according to the reviews. My only gripe is the non-removable cable, but perhaps there's been a change to that by the time I'm placing my order in the future.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #761 of 1,451
  Been reading through this thread today, and I must say when I'm upgrading my iem's next time, I've found the answer. (lol) The non-truth edition hits a sweet price spot (between Sennheiser IE80 and IE800) and seems very promicing according to the reviews. My only gripe is the non-removable cable, but perhaps there's been a change to that by the time I'm placing my order in the future.
rolleyes.gif

doubtful, but the cable on the truth is good

Aug 18, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #762 of 1,451
rolleyes.gif

A captive cable was a deal breaker at first for me too but then the more I thought about it and read reviews on various cables and the Ditas, the more I realised that I just wanted to listen to the music and not be fussed with trying different cables.
In the past, I have lost sight of the music as I started to listen to gear and very soon, I lost interest and found interests elsewhere.

The good thing with the Ditas is that they fit securely in my ears and I can't even feel them. The music just flows out of them and I simply cannot fault them. I find myself getting back to what it's all about - music.
I have the humble The Answer and they still resolve incredibly well and have, what I would call anyway, the perfect spectral balance.

Since taking the gamble and purchasing a set, I haven't regretted it and certainly haven't missed interchangeable cables.

Aug 20, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #765 of 1,451
  i have to know, what are you guys pairing the iem with? i find that the sound is a little funny with most of my setups and feels inadequately amplified. 

I think it sounds pretty good straight out of my iPhone 5S but my main set ups are
AK 240 + DITA or
AK 240 > ALO Rx3B+ > DITA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back