DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
May 4, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #276 of 1,451
I am hoping to give it ago when it is released here in less than a fortnight, ZX-1 seems like a great deal. Not liking my AK120 at all. I was hoping to use it as a digital source and that failed too, I might give the ZX-1 a go. 

May 4, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #277 of 1,451
  I am hoping to give it ago when it is released here in less than a fortnight, ZX-1 seems like a great deal. Not liking my AK120 at all. I was hoping to use it as a digital source and that failed too, I might give the ZX-1 a go. 

The ZX-1 is a great player, but not one that bears a high-quality output. Both it and the F880 have serious problems from both the HPO and the LO that render their output lower quality than current iPods and certainly unable to attain 24-bit level obviation of noise. They have great interfaces and the app power is cool and the build is decent compared to other 'audiophile' players.

I noted the LO problems years ago at TouchMyApps and it seems Sony have yet to fix them in current hardware. 

I wish they'd get back on track. But they should have little trouble driving the DITA earphones, but will not show off what the Dita are capable of, even amped.

May 4, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #278 of 1,451
Well that is a shame, honestly without kidding ever since I've got the dita I've not purchased any other headphone/IEM. I know preference plays an important role and this is why I am dying for get an FR chart for Dita truth so I can know from now on what to look for my future IEM (but how it does I highly doubt I need anything else for long time).

My current aim is to bring the very best dita is capable of. I am still in search the final piece of the puzzle which is the amp. I know that I must get a neutral amp as the added warmth of amp seems to impact dita negatively to my ears.

May 4, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #279 of 1,451
  The ZX-1 is a great player, but not one that bears a high-quality output. Both it and the F880 have serious problems from both the HPO and the LO that render their output lower quality than current iPods and certainly unable to attain 24-bit level obviation of noise. They have great interfaces and the app power is cool and the build is decent compared to other 'audiophile' players.

I noted the LO problems years ago at TouchMyApps and it seems Sony have yet to fix them in current hardware. 

I wish they'd get back on track. But they should have little trouble driving the DITA earphones, but will not show off what the Dita are capable of, even amped.

I do agree with you.
But portability wise, ZX1 might be the best.

I prefer HP-A4 > Dita more than ZX1 > Dita

Well there's still the Calyx M and DX90.

From my experience,
I prefer J3 > Vorzuge amp duo > Heaven 6 to ZX1 > Heaven 6.
I can't say about Dita as i don't have my J3 and Vorzuge amp now.

May 4, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #280 of 1,451

This is my current portable rig. Well my only rig since I do not have any other rigs at the moment. Its the x5 line out with a nocturnal hydra 8 connector cable from treoo to the pico slim and out to the ditas. Its amazing with classical music, with the low end warmth of the x5, and the energy in the upper mids with the separation and air from the pico slim. However, for vocal tracks, i actually sometimes prefer the warmer vocals of the x5.

May 4, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #281 of 1,451
Well that is a shame, honestly without kidding ever since I've got the dita I've not purchased any other headphone/IEM. I know preference plays an important role and this is why I am dying for get an FR chart for Dita truth so I can know from now on what to look for my future IEM (but how it does I highly doubt I need anything else for long time).

My current aim is to bring the very best dita is capable of. I am still in search the final piece of the puzzle which is the amp. I know that I must get a neutral amp as the added warmth of amp seems to impact dita negatively to my ears.

You really should try the pico slim i think it might just work for you like it does for me!

May 4, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #285 of 1,451

I am the same tho i got the se846 and they are stunning too.
Iem's are getting so good these days:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back