DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Jan 26, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #16 of 1,451
Dear Audionewbi,

Thank you for your interest in Dita.  Our partner, Van Den Hul and us worked very hard to achieve a high level of fidelity with these products.  We are quite sure you will find them to your liking.  Our goal was to create as close an approximation as possible to a very high end 2 channel home audio rig.  If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or email us.

Danny
Dita Audio

*Moderators, please let us know if we are breaking any rules.  Thanks.*

Jan 26, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #17 of 1,451
Looking forward to it, I have been reading about Van Den Hul over the past few weeks. Truth be told I have not heard about them since I learned about your IEM. 

There was a good reason why I did not came across VDH cables, they are not cheap by all means and of course they are predominately a Hi-Fi based company which have no product that might interest a portable head like me.

Ofcourse there would be no way for me to know the true effect of the cable so my impression will be on what the final outcome of the sound is with the housing included. I wish I could provide a more of an objective review (as much I support them ) but my review is going to be focused on how the IEM sounds and how it compares against the other high end IEM I have in my possession which is ofcourse to my ears and without a doubt subjectively written.

I was hoping to find some information about their power handling but could not find any information, is it possible for you to provide us with some information regarding that?

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #18 of 1,451
Dear Audionewbi,

As you may know by now, our partner VDH is indeed one of the stalwarts of the hifi cable industry.  We chose to work with them because we have an outstanding working relationship with them and more importantly because, they have been producing cables for the hifi audio industry for a very long time.  They also produce a fine line of electronics.  We are convinced they are technically experienced and possess the know-how to develop a good cable.  Our Truth cable uses much of the technology that is proprietary to VDH.

Please email us if you'd like to know more.

Danny
Dita Audio

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #19 of 1,451
  Dear Audionewbi,

As you may know by now, our partner VDH is indeed one of the stalwarts of the hifi cable industry.  We chose to work with them because we have an outstanding working relationship with them and more importantly because, they have been producing cables for the hifi audio industry for a very long time.  They also produce a fine line of electronics.  We are convinced they are technically experienced and possess the know-how to develop a good cable.  Our Truth cable uses much of the technology that is proprietary to VDH.

Please email us if you'd like to know more.

Danny
Dita Audio

Yes, they seem to be very highly regarded. Ofcourse I know the mixtured used in your truth cable probably is a secret but from what I have gathered VDH likes to mix a number of different metals for their cables.

Looking forward to testing them out soon. 

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #20 of 1,451
Yes, they seem to be very highly regarded. Ofcourse I know the mixtured used in your truth cable probably is a secret but from what I have gathered VDH likes to mix a number of different metals for their cables.

Looking forward to testing them out soon. 
hey audionewbi - did you end ordering one, and the 'better cable' or 'normal one'?
@Dita - is the cable the only difference or is the tuning different between the two as well?

Jan 30, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #22 of 1,451
hey audionewbi - did you end ordering one, and the 'better cable' or 'normal one'?
@Dita - is the cable the only difference or is the tuning different between the two as well?
I am on the list, I have pre-ordered the truth edition and the my difference is the cable.

Jan 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #24 of 1,451
I believe it's kind of lacking in terms of refinement for instruments like guitar and snare drums. It, however, is a great effort by the designers and should be recognized as such. I tried very hard to like this earphone as there is so much to like about it, but was not able to support the product made by the people of my country in the end.

It comes with a lot of accessories, which I personally feel are included to drive up the price(many companies do this), but is a nice novelty and may be actually useful for some people. The build quality is great, but once again, probably used to drive up price once more.

I feel like this iem is definitely well worth the money, and probably everyone I know who has tried it has told me the same thing. It will appeal widely to many, but was not for me. Some people have mentioned its peaky (whatever that is)

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #25 of 1,451
That is a bit strange as guitar is the easiest thing to get right. May i know your setup if possible ?

i cannot comment on price but for its asking price it will be under a lot of scrutiny.

i am ordering a Hugo soon, hopefully by the time dita arrives i have Hugo with me.

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #26 of 1,451
Maybe I've been hearing it wrong the whole time haha, I use a hifiman hm901 with balanced card, but tried it with the classic card or the iem card, not sure. Also tried it with the samsung note 3

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #27 of 1,451
Maybe I've been hearing it wrong the whole time haha, I use a hifiman hm901 with balanced card, but tried it with the classic card or the iem card, not sure. Also tried it with the samsung note 3

No, I am not making a point against what you heard it is just a concerned I had as in general guitar is very easy to get right as the attacks and all is much easier obtained by the guitarist who can directly have control on how much they want to pull the string where as for piano the control is not as much (for instant where do we put the mic, do we allow the sound to resonant inside the piano).

Hopefully it is simply a matter of taste and not the tuning itself. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back