DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
May 6, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #316 of 1,451
  ^is there a chance you can comment on how it pairs with different DAP and how it scales with desktop amp?

I've noticed the sound tend to change alot depending on my source, it made me wonder how it will sound with a proper desktop set up. 

That's an interesting question actually. I was comparing my iPhone 5 to the FiiO X5 with various BA IEMs and didn't notice a lot of difference, if any, mainly that the X5 sounds a bit warmer. However using the DITAs, I found the X5 drives them better, with music from the iPhone sounding more confused. I wonder if that has anything to do with them having a dynamic driver.

May 6, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #317 of 1,451

That's an interesting question actually. I was comparing my iPhone 5 to the FiiO X5 with various BA IEMs and didn't notice a lot of difference, if any, mainly that the X5 sounds a bit warmer. However using the DITAs, I found the X5 drives them better, with music from the iPhone sounding more confused. I wonder if that has anything to do with them having a dynamic driver.

Comparing the IE800 I noticed IE800 seem to be less fussy (if that is the right world) and I honestly cannot detect a major improvement on its sounds regardless on different setup I have but with dita I tend to like it paired with something like HUGO or ODAC+O2, when I pair the Dita with portaphile 627x the sound becomes really warm and some might say bloated. 

It is interesting as I do not notice that happening with IE800. This made me wonder how much I can push Dita to get the best out of them as it is about the only IEM I have that I notice to have its sound altered at times alot based on the amp I have it connected to.

I know they use the Invicta as their preferred source/amp but I would imagine very few gear that will not sound good when paired with such a wonderful all in one source unit. 

May 6, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #318 of 1,451
Very insightful thread, especially the last couple of pages.
Thanks to those contributing.
I've put off buying my next car audio processor upgrade to save up for some Ditas now.
Anyone wanna kidney?
:D

How good is your vision? Eye color? I might be interested in a pair of eyes. :3

Been keeping a bit of money aside waiting for something that really takes my fancy, been on the fence about the IE800 for a long while, now looks like the answer maybe The Answer!

Lolz

May 6, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #319 of 1,451
I haven't heard the FADs, but I can say right out that the guitars sound amazing and I listen to lots it acoustic tracks. They definitely aren't behind.

Vocals are not as forward as the Shures, or even the re400, but it's not recessed. More like in line with other instruments? The result is that the positioning of the singer relative to the instruments seems realistic. But they definitely aren't forward.

It's great that you don't feel like the mids are behind. Recessed mids always suck the enjoyment of listening right out of me :frowning2:

Dita surpass Heaven 6 in nearly everything.

Heaven 6 wins in the shimmering highs and the sounds of the horn instruments.

Heaven 6 is more forward than the Dita.

Other than that, Dita win in all other aspects, bringing them to a different level.

Would you say that the DITA has an even more beautiful midrange compared to the Heaven VI? Do you think the DITA has enough treble sparkle? I don't like a dark sound so treble sparkle is pretty important to me.

The heaven series is no where near the ditas. Not in the extension, detail, clarity and cleaness of the sound. Perhaps the soundstage and airiness of the heaven 6s might be better, but its definitely not a match otherwise. Unless if course you prefer the tone of the vocals and the mids on the heavens. But the moment you feed it a song which requires a large frequency range to fully cover, you'll realise it lacks body and punch and extension on the low end, and the high end isnt as clean. Like the others have said, while the vocals are forward like some other models on the ditas, they are definitely not recessed. And they're very natural sounding indeed. You'll grow to love them
smily_headphones1.gif

So the soundstage on the DITA is actually smaller than on the Heaven VI? Could you compare width, depth, and height of the soundstages? Less air is also a bit worrisome as I feel like sometimes I could use slightly more air in my Heaven V. How do they compare in clarity, detail, and imaging? Btw, I'm only considering getting The Answer and not The Truth, the extra $300 doesn't seem worth it for just a nicer cable.

About the mids, depending on the tips, the bass or treble can be a bit too strong, at least that is what I found with my ears. It doesn't mean the mids are distant like with a pair of TH900s, for example. I probably used a bad description in the video.

Do you find yourself constantly switching tips when listening to different music? I don't want to have to deal with tip rolling just for different music, I'm way too lazy for that haha 
tongue.gif
 Btw, does Fujiya Avic not accept credit cards? I was thinking that if I was going to buy The Answer, I would order from them and ship it to the states via Tenso.

Thanks for everyone's responses!

May 6, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #320 of 1,451
I believe the non truth version would work better for you as it has a more mellow sound due to a slightly more pronounced midrange. As for the airiness, I feel that the ditas have just the right amount when the music calls for it. The airiness is more natural sounding than the heaven's. Soundstage wise i think they are rather comparable, but the heaven's might give a slight impression of a larger soundstage due to the sound signature. Bear in mind though that i only did a quick comparison so i'm not 100% sure. For clarity, detail, imaging and just about anything else, the ditas are way ahead. Not even close to me. The ditas play right at the top with the best IMO. Im fact I personally prefer the answer to the truth version. But you should try them both to get an idea :)

May 6, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #321 of 1,451
I have a pair inbound... Hopefully here no later than Thursday. Heard Idsynchrono's Dita Answer yesterday, and was impressed to the point I ordered the Truth version once home.

May 6, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #322 of 1,451
  I have a pair inbound... Hopefully here no later than Thursday. Heard Idsynchrono's Dita Answer yesterday, and was impressed to the point I ordered the Truth version once home.

Congrats. May I ask, why you chose to go with the Truth version?

May 6, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #323 of 1,451
I chose the Truth version because one, I'm crazy, and two I was told by Idsynchrono that it's been observed they have a touch better extension on both ends as well as being a little more airy and open sounding. I like those qualities, even if the gains are on the minimal side.  
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #324 of 1,451
I chose the Truth version because one, I'm crazy, and two I was told by Idsynchrono that it's been observed they have a touch better extension on both ends as well as being a little more airy and open sounding. I like those qualities, even if the gains are on the minimal side.  :D

I almost hate myself for WANTING differences to exist in the Truth version simply cause if the actual stock sound improves beyond what I'm currently hearing, welp... Sayonara Answer I guess :l

May 6, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #325 of 1,451
Do you find yourself constantly switching tips when listening to different music? I don't want to have to deal with tip rolling just for different music, I'm way too lazy for that haha 
tongue.gif
 Btw, does Fujiya Avic not accept credit cards? I was thinking that if I was going to buy The Answer, I would order from them and ship it to the states via Tenso.

They do.

They have a second-hand pair listed on the left (this is a search link): http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/list.php?search.x=0&search.y=0&name=dita

The right-hand items without pictures are their second-hand buy prices.

May 6, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #326 of 1,451
  Would you say that the DITA has an even more beautiful midrange compared to the Heaven VI? Do you think the DITA has enough treble sparkle? I don't like a dark sound so treble sparkle is pretty important to me.

I can't say if it's more beautiful because they are different. Dita sound will slowly grow into you. It has a very clean and sweet mid range.
It is definitely not a dark sounding IEM.

Sorry I don't know the terms well.

May 7, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #327 of 1,451
I believe the non truth version would work better for you as it has a more mellow sound due to a slightly more pronounced midrange. As for the airiness, I feel that the ditas have just the right amount when the music calls for it. The airiness is more natural sounding than the heaven's. Soundstage wise i think they are rather comparable, but the heaven's might give a slight impression of a larger soundstage due to the sound signature. Bear in mind though that i only did a quick comparison so i'm not 100% sure. For clarity, detail, imaging and just about anything else, the ditas are way ahead. Not even close to me. The ditas play right at the top with the best IMO. Im fact I personally prefer the answer to the truth version. But you should try them both to get an idea
smily_headphones1.gif

It's great to hear that the regular version would be better for me, don't have to wonder about the nice cable anymore haha. You mean mellow relative to The Truth only though right? Not mellow in general, because I perfer an energetic engaging sound more than laid back and mellow. I think I might really get myself a pair, you're being quite persuasive...

Could I get a brief comparison of the sound signature with your PHVI when they arrive? It would be really helpful for me to pinpoint its balance in the frequencies.

They do.

They have a second-hand pair listed on the left (this is a search link): http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/list.php?search.x=0&search.y=0&name=dita

The right-hand items without pictures are their second-hand buy prices.

Oh great thanks! Too bad their site has no English version, gonna have to rely on Google translate to get this order through lol.

I can't say if it's more beautiful because they are different. Dita sound will slowly grow into you. It has a very clean and sweet mid range.
It is definitely not a dark sounding IEM.

Sorry I don't know the terms well.

No problem, thanks for trying haha. And that's good news about the mids.

May 8, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #329 of 1,451

Um... bling bling comes from Dita Audio for the Fujiya Avic Spring Festival. That, and a nice Van Den Hul interconnect. More information here.

Evidently, there's a new super-limted edition of The Truth edition. 

It's gold. I've not seen it in person, but come Saturday I will. Dita informed me of this new version just today. The Truth edition has been sold out pretty much since forever. I don't expect the 18 limited edition versions of The Truth to hold out very long, especially with Fujiya's show coming on Saturday.

Dita have this to say about the gold edition:

May 8, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #330 of 1,451
  I chose the Truth version because one, I'm crazy, and two I was told by Idsynchrono that it's been observed they have a touch better extension on both ends as well as being a little more airy and open sounding. I like those qualities, even if the gains are on the minimal side.  
biggrin.gif

Hi, may I ask why did you choose the Dita Truth over AKG K3003 or IE800? Im assuming they are at the same level (given the price tag).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back