Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Jan 25, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #466 of 569
I'm not a fan of the stock cable either, but oddly enough I find the ergonomics of it much better on another pair of IEMs I have (Earsonics S-EM9) due to the angle of the socket.

My favorite cable with the Dream so far has been the Leonidas from Effect Audio (mine is sort of a one-off version), but the ergonomics of Effect Audio cables are generally very good; soft and supple and you don't really notice them. I have an Eros II coming in that I'm going to try with the Dream and can let you know on that. The Leonidas is pretty darn expensive, but then again these already come with a $500 cable. @PinkyPowers is also currently testing the Dream with a Leonidas I think, so maybe he can chime in on cables as well since he too did not fancy the stock cable.

-Collin-

I agree. Leo is indeed a great, great match for DITA. I like the sound, and ergonomics better than the stock cable, if indeed you can call a $500 cable "stock". :)

Thanks Seesax and PinkyPowers for your inputs. Leonidas seems to be one of the recommended options, will certainly give them a try soon.

Are there any other options that I should consider?

Anyone tried the Dream with cables from other manufacturers like Beat Audio, Brise, OC Studio before?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #467 of 569
Thanks Seesax and PinkyPowers for your inputs. Leonidas seems to be one of the recommended options, will certainly give them a try soon.

Are there any other options that I should consider?

Anyone tried the Dream with cables from other manufacturers like Beat Audio, Brise, OC Studio before?

I also used the Rhapsodio Golden mk3 and it was a very nice pairing and it's cheaper than the Effect Audio. Ergonomics were very good. I think I posted a photo a page back or so.

-Collin-

Jan 29, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #468 of 569
Feb 14, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #470 of 569
FC80043F-0ECB-4748-B388-386FB5C749D4.jpeg
40C09F87-50FC-4308-AD14-DF141549A612.jpeg
@EagleWings thanks for the review!!

I received the Dream today, bought it from here! Really can’t wait to try this gem, looks rock solid!

Feb 21, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #471 of 569
IMG_3878.jpg

I love to listen to music with the Dita Audio - Dream, what a fabulous in ear...
It is so well balanced, so coherent, so impressive, so musical, so good I can listen them for ours.
Its a chameleon, tried the Dream with the Filo X7/amp2, I was not impressed but it was ok.
When throwing the AK Kann to the Dream the sound was involving...

While I am using the AK SP1000 I settled with Final Ear-tips and it is just stunning...
I have a long tradition in listening to high end audio, and the Dita is freaking high end period.
So clean, so much fun!! Almost the sound signature from my home system!!

In stereo systems you have room involvement, placement is crucial, and under 200Hz you're room can be an enemy!!
This is so good with the dream, the Titanium body is so quiet, nothing is a painpoint, the highs the mid's the lows so extremely well balanced , no fatigue at all in combination with the SP1000.
While playing some tracks I use Tidal, and I must say.... I kind of love these Dita's!! :

Auberge - Chris Rea: you hear some birds, someone walking from left to right, kicking a empty bottle, this is rolling from right to left.
The tonality is so fu**king real, when the person walks from left to right the steps are a bid above you...

When I Close My Eyes - Dominic Miller: The track starts with bass but so clean and deep, same as on a high-end stereo system.
When Miller is playing his guitar the sound is overwhelming, you first hear and feel the plectrum hitting the strings, then the fabulous sounds pops in from his guitar.

This Is The Thing - Fink Meets The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra: You notice the Concertgebouw acoustic in the delay's..
First the guitars starts, then the touch on the cymbals so real... the voice of Fink is a. bit to the left.
In a stereo system you hear the voice of Fink more in the center because in a stereo set up, you're right ear also gets information from the left speaker and you're left ear does get information from the right speaker. You get feedback from both speakers, back to the in ear:
The track is very engaging, at 5:09 the Concertgebouw Orchestra take over the drums sounds so easy, then the audience pops in... just a real as it can be.

Nisa - Abdullah Ibrahim ( album Yarona ): The authority of the piano, the well balanced tone is freaking real, all the sorts of sounds on and around the stage are there.
I use this track a lot to test audio setups.

Isobel - The Yuri Honig Trio ( album Alive ): This track is recorded at the old Bimhuis in Amsterdam.
You can turn volume the volume up quite a bit to feel Joost Lijbaart playing a tiny drum system.
The tracks starts, you can here the band talking in you're right ear the first 3 seconds, and at 14seconds you can here Joost Lijbaart's chair making noise but so obvious.
The he hits the drum it is total energy. I am impressed !!

Waves - Dean Lewis ( Acoustic )
The Voice of Lewis is so natural and you feel the emotion in the song.

Heart - Bo Stief Dream Machine ( Album Heart & Destiny ): The song begins with a plug on a guitar, If you weren't listening then you will!!! It has so freaking everything with the Dita Dream. You here the plectrum hit the strings and the sound comes with so much authority. You here small sounds floating around you're head. The drum kicks in so deep, rumbling for seconds but clean.... !!

I have to listen to this GEM more, but it's the best in ear I have ever heard, so coherent in every level if you throw a good amp to this.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #472 of 569
BA8918C6-37F3-46B6-A5D4-1D84B08C3E9E.jpeg
Today I received two Effect Audio Cables to try with the Dita Dream. The Leonidas and the Ares II, can’t wait to try these the coming weeks!!

Feb 27, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #473 of 569
Today I received two Effect Audio Cables to try with the Dita Dream. The Leonidas and the Ares II, can’t wait to try these the coming weeks!!

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Leonidas when you try it out. I use a Leonidas + Thor Silver II Bespoke with mine and find it to be a very natural and detailed combination. Enjoy!

-Collin-

Feb 27, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #474 of 569
Would love to hear your thoughts on the Leonidas when you try it out. I use a Leonidas + Thor Silver II Bespoke with mine and find it to be a very natural and detailed combination. Enjoy!

Hi Colin will do this in a few weeks!!

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #475 of 569
Finally got to pick these up during my trip to Hong Kong! Between the Dream and the Vega, I "think" all of my needs have finally been met! Sadly, the Kaiser Encore will be headed to the auction block shortly!

Mar 6, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #476 of 569
Out of curiosity and I know this is a long shot, but has anyone tried a Whiplash TWau on their Dream? It would seem that it would be a nice match.

-Collin-

Mar 26, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #480 of 569
I'm very lucky to have this IEM I changed the cable to EA Leonidas and it helps taming the treble but paring it with Plenue 2 is not that great, Can someone suggest a good player for my DITA dream except LPG and WM1Z , I'm planning to wait for Plenue S2 if they will release one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back