Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream"
Sep 8, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #436 of 569
I am quite interested on how much Dream has actually improved from Truth. Based on all of your impression and description, I am sure it is (maybe even not "one of") the best DD IEM of the price. However, so was Truth. Since both of them had been the best of a genre for a period, is there any remarkable progress from the Truth to the Dream?
You know, the Dream now costs twice the Truth. It really requires some determination for me to place the order - well, when it is back in stock. Just want a final reason to convince myself.
Big appreciate if someone could offer a comparison.

the difference between the truth and the dream is rather more marked than answer v. truth. Dream is cooler in tone without being clinical, the subbass is tighter with better texture, and the mid and upper bass is a fair bit tighter than Truth. The mids are also a bit cleaner, without being overly thin.

i find that if you love Truth but want even moar of what makes Truth special, you might enjoy Brass Truth a little moar than Dream. Dream is tuned for maximum detail retrieval whilst maintaining an engaging musicality.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #437 of 569
I am quite interested on how much Dream has actually improved from Truth. Based on all of your impression and description, I am sure it is (maybe even not "one of") the best DD IEM of the price. However, so was Truth. Since both of them had been the best of a genre for a period, is there any remarkable progress from the Truth to the Dream?
You know, the Dream now costs twice the Truth. It really requires some determination for me to place the order - well, when it is back in stock. Just want a final reason to convince myself.
Big appreciate if someone could offer a comparison.

Soundstage, imaging, layering, air, is significantly improved, bass quality and impact, resolution, basically it's all all round SIGNIFICANT upgrade in every way.

Tonally, it's a leaner more reference sound, but it's upper end is more controlled

Sep 8, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #438 of 569
the difference between the truth and the dream is rather more marked than answer v. truth. Dream is cooler in tone without being clinical, the subbass is tighter with better texture, and the mid and upper bass is a fair bit tighter than Truth. The mids are also a bit cleaner, without being overly thin.

i find that if you love Truth but want even moar of what makes Truth special, you might enjoy Brass Truth a little moar than Dream. Dream is tuned for maximum detail retrieval whilst maintaining an engaging musicality.

Soundstage, imaging, layering, air, is significantly improved, bass quality and impact, resolution, basically it's all all round SIGNIFICANT upgrade in every way.

Tonally, it's a leaner more reference sound, but it's upper end is more controlled

Thanks a lot guys. Precious comment.
Hm one more question, what sources do you use to drive the Dream?

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #440 of 569
Thanks a lot guys. Precious comment.
Hm one more question, what sources do you use to drive the Dream?

I use a balanced modded mojo.

The New Sony players are excellent choices too.

That said the mojo is my source of choice ONLY if you have a good transport, despite what many think transport truly matters, and a mojo can go from sounding just rudimentary to being the best damn portable source you've heard depending on the transport.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #443 of 569
The ZX2 did a decent job with the Dream, but you might want to consider an upgrade or amp in the future to get most out of it.

I have the ZX2 but upgraded to the WMZ1.

Yeah that can be foreseen. Once you get a passion to try something at hi-end level, you definitely want to stretch out the full potential of it. haha

Anyway it needs patience till Dream is back on sale. I could stick to ZX2 for now. I actually quite like it for the past 2 years.

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #444 of 569
I just picked up a WA8. The Dream (very burnt in) sounds incredible out of the WA8 3 tube mode. If you get a chance try it.

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #445 of 569
I just picked up a WA8. The Dream (very burnt in) sounds incredible out of the WA8 3 tube mode. If you get a chance try it.

I can imagine them pairing well with tubes, but unfortunately the high output impedance of most tube amps means it's not feasable. The transformer-coupled WA8 looks perfect for them!

Oct 11, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #447 of 569
The Dream definitely has one of the most impressive bass sound that I've heard in the IEM realm. I like how it is able to control itself, not to congest the stage, or decrease the tone clarity. Amazing how this DD manages to create a precise sounding overall notes - not overly-thick, nor lean - and at the same time releases such a gob-smackingly good bass power and depth. I'd definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a good bass IEM, not to mention a precise, and detailed sounding one as well.

Oct 12, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #448 of 569
Sharing a few photos of my DITA Dream. :D

P_20171012_165250.jpg

P_20171012_165728.jpg

First impression, these DD babies deliver a real good punch in the low-frequency. It has a fast responding bass, with a good image size. The sub-bass has a good rumble, and the reach is very deep. The mid-bass hits hard, but doesn't leave the stage congested with its size, it's quick. The stage is quite spacious, and midrange pretty clear. Sounds very good for electronic, and pop music. The jack replacability is nice, and convenient. You can change between 2.5 BAL, and 3.5 SE easily.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #449 of 569
Dream thread is quiet these days!

Had a question regarding the cable. I bought these from the classifieds and they came with the normal retail version of the Dita cable. Mine sticks out of the 2-pin sockets further than the photos I see in here. The seller mentioned it and I don't think it's a big deal or anything (he actively posts here too) but I wonder if it is actually different than the one bundled with the Dream. Anyone else have the issue where the cable protrudes out of the IEM further?

dita.jpg

That said, I'm using the Rhapsodio Golden cable with them right now and my goodness, the ergonomics are so much better. I really can't stand wearing the Dita cable, but it just feels so wrong not to use it with these IEMs! :)

-Collin-

Nov 30, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #450 of 569
Dream thread is quiet these days!

Had a question regarding the cable. I bought these from the classifieds and they came with the normal retail version of the Dita cable. Mine sticks out of the 2-pin sockets further than the photos I see in here. The seller mentioned it and I don't think it's a big deal or anything (he actively posts here too) but I wonder if it is actually different than the one bundled with the Dream. Anyone else have the issue where the cable protrudes out of the IEM further?

That said, I'm using the Rhapsodio Golden cable with them right now and my goodness, the ergonomics are so much better. I really can't stand wearing the Dita cable, but it just feels so wrong not to use it with these IEMs! :)

-Collin-
That photo looks to be sticking way further out than normal, like they arent even going in all the way. I don’t think it’s other peoples photos that unit just looks wrong.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back