1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Distortion

1. unwelcomeguest
    Hi,

I have a pair of Denon C751's that have replaced my broken Sennheiser CX-300 II's. When I listen to my iPod using either of these earphones, I get some slight distortion up in the top end. It seems to be worse when there is a lot going on musically, like guitars, drums, bass, vocals all going at it in rock or punk music.

I know a lot of people will say the iPod has bad sound quality, but I also do get the same distortion when using the earphones through my pc, which outputs sound using the on-board sound card (I know!) through an optical cable to a little Kenwood hi-fi system. The distortion seems very slightly lessened this way, but it's hard to tell.

So. What would be causing this? Will this be fixed by using a decent headphone amp?

At this stage I have about AU $350 to spend and am wondering whether to get a headphone amp like the Meier Corda 3Move, which I would use at home and sometimes away from home, or a new pair of headphones for home use only, like the Grado SR325i.

Cheers.