displaying posters?
Mar 6, 2006 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nomdeguerre

formerly w1ned
I've got a poster that I wouldn't like to stick to the wall with tacks or tape in fear of ruining it, and I think a frame is too overboard.
Is there a way you'd suggest to displaying this said poster without a frame while protecting it?

Mar 6, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 7
There are thin 'frames' that are nothing more than a plastic sheet covering the front and individual, removable 'frame' pieces as a border. They aren't the big typical ones and they serve the basic purpose of protecting the poster when under display.

Mar 6, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #3 of 7
I have one of those frames that juni0r talks about.
They are cheap, and easy to find at places like WalMart. They work well, but be careful about cleaning them, they scratch easily. I have one covering a Tshirt poster. I bought a cool Tshirt that we cut to fit the cardboard of one of those frames, and laid the plastic sheet over it, snapped on the edges and hung it up.
cool.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by SennFan
These should work...I've used something similar...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ance&n=1064954

3M double sided foam mounting tape.

That's what I'm using now (well, the kind that came on a roll like normal scotch tape), and I find it hard to remove from the poster after taking it off the wall. I want something that'll protect the poster from anything, and not leave any marks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back