Displaying HF-1 and HF-2
Sep 11, 2009 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Audio Addict

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how I could display my HF-1s and HF-2 without opening them? I bought them to support Head-Fi and have a piece of Head-Fi's history, but I am not sure how best to display them.

I do not want to break the seal on their boxes and remove this uniqueness to them.

Thanks.

Sep 12, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait.. you bought headphones and don't plan on listening to them?!

He has lots of money, already great gear, and a will to support this great community. So what?

Sep 12, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #6 of 31
Send them to me. I'll display them for you.
beerchug.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #7 of 31
Buy another 2 pairs and display those instead.

Sep 12, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He has lots of money, already great gear, and a will to support this great community. So what?

What's with the attitude? I was just wondering, it's not like I know him
rolleyes.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #9 of 31
i think they would be hard to display in their boxes - at least, in a way that would look artistic/decorative.

i also purchased my HF2 mostly to support head-fi and be part of its history. to be honest, i rarely listen to them. nothing wrong with that.

Sep 12, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #10 of 31
I bought my pair because I wanted a good pair of easy to drive headphones and I knew they wouldn't lose their value if I didn't like them and decided to sell them. It's awesome that we can support HF though by buying good headphones. Everyone benefits.

Back to displaying them: I think on the OP's head is the best look.
wink.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #13 of 31
I didn't mean to create such a controversy.

People display all kinds of items. I have seen some pretty elaborate displays for items such as sports equipment and the like that I thought displaying them would be a good idea.

Sep 12, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #14 of 31
There's nothing wrong with this unless you think collecting anything in general is a "waste". Think of all the guitars people collect and don't plan on playing.

You could display them in a glass case with each tier holding the boxes. That's all I can think of.

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #15 of 31
I don't know if I'd display them. Sunlight will fade and yellow the boxes, so they won't stay in pristine shape.

Like vcoheda, I bought the HF-2 as a community thing to support Head-Fi, TTVJ and Grado. They're in their box, snuggled up next to the HF-1 in the closet. With any luck, a HF-3 will join them soon enough.

OP, if you're looking for something cool to display, there are lots of other headphones out there and other cool gear. Personally, I'd put them away where they'd be out of the sunlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back