Disney Music
Jan 5, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #16 of 21
Tarzan the movie was horrible, but ther are some songs on there that are great.

First, You'll Be In My Heart is my all time favorite Disney song, though I like the chinese verson sung by Emil Chau even more.

Hercules - I Can Go The Distance
Pocahontas - If I Never Knew You
The Little Mermaid - Kiss The Sea

Those are just a few that are on my dap right now. =]

Jan 5, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard good things about his box-

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/...sic+Disney.htm

same pal who likes WB music likes this one!

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/...+1936-1958.htm

and vol 2 of that too.

I have that set, it's 4 discs and has most of the great classics on it.

Music Behind The Magic is another good one. It has several unreleased tracks from Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin. Howard Ashman dies during the writing for Aladdin's music and story so the songs and direction of the movie changed quite a bit. Originally Aladdin's mom was written in and he had a few pals that he hung with. There are songs about both and they aren't too bad!

Jan 6, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #18 of 21
Anyone know where I can get the Space Mountain theme song? The Dick Dale Surf tune... not the current video-game-esque junk thats on the ride now?

My fave disney tune is the Baroque Howedown... from the electric parade. Don Dorsey at his finest IMHO.

Garrett

Jan 6, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #20 of 21
Oistrakh - Check one of the links Jahn posted, the box set with Mickey at a grand piano on the cover should fit your bill!

kramer5150 - It's on a couple albums... one is the most recent 50th album I mentioned a couple posts above and the other is on a "official Disneyland Album" that was released about 5-7 years ago IIRC. You should be able to find it on Amazon or eBay. If you just want that one song PM me.

Jan 7, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #21 of 21
Perhaps the most twisted of all Disney covers is that done by Sun Ra and his arkestra. The sound quality is not the best IIRC.

From allmusic:
Sun Ra and his Intergalaxtic Arkestra's Second Star to the Right: Salute to Walt Disney goes way beyond novelty. Novelties are hardly this entertaining or enduring. Ra got into a Disney phase around 1989 when asked to interpret "Pink Elephants on Parade" from Dumbo for a pop tribute album to Disney called Stay Awake. Ra was so taken with Disney's music and images that he started to play shows dedicated exclusively to the man. When performing this material, the Arkestra went so far as to wear the patented Mouseketeer ears and had a dancer dressed in a Dumbo costume! The chosen compositions run the gamut from the more obscure to themes every kid of all ages could sing along with: "I'm Wishing," "Second Star to the Right," the eerie "The Forest of no Return," and "Someday My Prince Will Come." The titles sound as if Ra could have written them himself. The arrangements are in the same swing manner as his Fletcher Henderson tributes. June Tyson's vocals bring a romantic appeal, while bassoonist and percussionist James Jacson does his best Louis Armstrong impression, leading the sing along on "Zip a Dee Doo Dah." This may not be an essential disc for the Sun Ra novice, but if you wonder what it would have been like hanging out at Sun Ra's commune in Philadelphia watching Dumbo with the rest of the Arkestra (a favorite Ra practice in his later years!), get this immediately. As a footnote, this joyous Leo release is from an audience tape, and while the fidelity is good, audiophiles should be advised that it does have muddy moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back