Discussions pertaining to the resale of HF2s
Aug 8, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #46 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I called this one a few hours after the HF-2 was announced. I figured there would be hot'n'heavy resale whinging, carping and mewling. I am not disappointed!

This will get even better when auction results start rolling in from eBay.

They're driving up the prices!

It's unfair to sell anywhere but at Head-F1!

popcorn.gif

I agree, it's inevitable. I'm under no illusions that most people aren't going to try to squeeze every last dollar they can out of absolutely anyone for the HF-2s. I'm just trying to highlight the difference between that kind of mentality and a more community-based mentality. Who knows, maybe it will sink in for some people to realize that not everything has to be about profit and make head-fi a better place.

Aug 8, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #47 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's exactly what AIG and all those big banks were saying when they were making hand over foot profits from speculating on loans and then getting huge billion dollar bailouts from the taxpayers: Why not? This is America!

Just chill! and at least there is a mindset.

Aug 8, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #48 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just chill! and at least there is a mindset.

lol, wut?
tongue.gif

Yeah, that "me-first" mindset really worked out well for everyone.

Aug 9, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #50 of 88
Um, for all those worried/happy about the recent sale, supply and demand still stands.

This is just one sale. It doesn't determine market value. Market value is a daily thing.

If all head-fiers decide to boycott high-prices, sellers will have to come down. Buyers determine market value, not sellers.

Sellers can only hope.

The only way that Todd/Grado will ever control market value is to never release limited runs. Unlimited supply, cans stay at opening market price. Pure and simple.

Limited special edition supply cans will (unless they suck) go up in value. No way around it.

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #51 of 88
I don't find anything wrong with $629 for HF-2. Look at L3K as the example, one of my friend got them at $2000 about 3 years ago if I'm corrected. Also, I was looking to get one 2 years ago and I remember price quite well. It was only $2300.

and now last pair sold at $3400.

Or any limited phone like R10, Qualia, PS1, and HP1.

Is that different from HF-2?

No.

As long as people want to own and have enough money to buy, there is no problem.

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #53 of 88
Quote:

The ATH-W5000 wasn't made for the head-fi community. It's a standard retail product. The HF-2 ostensibly was made for the community, and was not available to the non-head-fi general public. So it's a completely different situation. It's not about "the market." If it were, TTVJ could have charged a lot more, but he didn't. Evolved people who care about the idea of community can rise above "the market" in certain situations. We don't all have to be corporate robots who base our entire value structure on the so-called "market."
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
Just because you put "market" in quotes doesn't mean it's not there. The HF-2 was a product offered to allow members to support HF while getting something in return. $40 went to HF for every HF-2 sold. If a buyer wishes to sell their HF-2 after-the-fact, more power to them. If you're so gung-ho about supporting the community, put your money where your mouth is and become contributing member.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/payments.php

That's the best way to support the community.

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #54 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by user18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rolleyes.gif
Just because you put "market" in quotes doesn't mean it's not there. The HF-2 was a product offered to allow members to support HF while getting something in return. $40 went to HF for every HF-2 sold. If a buyer wishes to sell their HF-2 after-the-fact, more power to them. If you're so gung-ho about supporting the community, put your money where your mouth is and become contributing member.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/payments.php

That's the best way to support the community.

Lol, this isn't about me.
wink.gif
Nice try, though.

Apparently you are just not capable of grasping the deeper point here. I've tried a few times to explain to you that just because an alleged "market" supposedly is there doesn't mean you have to sell for that price. Todd didn't. But you don't seem capable of understanding that simple point, so there's really no use in continuing to discuss it with you.

:wave:

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #55 of 88
Quote:

Apparently you are just not capable of grasping the deeper point here....
But you don't seem capable of understanding that simple point...

and you don't seem capable of understanding simple economics.

Quote:

so there's really no use in continuing to discuss with you. :

That's one point I will agree with you on.

+1 to my ignore list.
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #56 of 88
If the HF-2 were $850 a pair (as double as you said), I wonder how many head-fiers would get it. To me, I won't. That's too pricey and it is nothing so special (unless they sounds like resembled PS1.)

and it won't sell as 500 pairs as $429 HF-2 did. Probably not over 250 pairs.

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #57 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the HF-2 were $850 a pair (as double as you said), I wonder how many head-fiers would get it. To me, I won't. That's too pricey and it is nothing so special (unless they sounds like resembled PS1.)

and it won't sell as 500 pairs as $429 HF-2 did. Probably not over 250 pairs.

Oh, I think they would pay. People seem plenty willing to pay now, what's the difference? The HF-2s were originally even compared to a PS-1. So I don't think most people would have had a problem rationalizing $850 in the least.

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #58 of 88
Quote:

wink.gif

except that more than half of the posts in this thread have been made by you.

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #59 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
except that more than half of the posts in this thread have been made by you.

Uh, yeah - it's called a discussion. Do you have any relevant content to add to the discussion, or are you just interested in making personal comments about me?

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #60 of 88
Quote:

wink.gif
Nice try, though.

Apparently you are just not capable of grasping the deeper point here. I've tried a few times to explain to you that just because an alleged "market" supposedly is there doesn't mean you have to sell for that price. Todd didn't. But you don't seem capable of understanding that simple point, so there's really no use in continuing to discuss it with you.

:wave:

Then why don't we have Jude impose price controls in the For Sale Forum?

Maybe even assemble a Pricing Regulatory Board, for the enforcement of price controls in the For Sale Forum.

I'm confident this would work well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back